Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 2:10:28 PM EDT
ARFCOM, I'm looking for an EDC flashlight and wondering if anyone knows of one that meets these requirements?

1-AA or 14500 battery

at least 120 lumens

waterproof

on/off only (not programmable)

tail click switch

under $40

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Relevant to my interests.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been carrying this for about 2 months now and use it every night at work. Pretty bright, will blind someone if necessary. I picked up a few more to keep in my vehicles. They are real cheap at $6 and use one AA battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire%C2%AE-Cree-300LM-Mini-Flashlight/dp/B006VPPERC/ref=sr_1_16?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1420406720&sr=1-16&keywords=ultrafire+flashlight
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Klarus P1A meets everything except "non-programmable," but that is an easy fix--don't twist the head.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Have been EDC this light for 2 years or more, fits nice in pocket.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever flash light app has 5 stars on the Google play store?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Whatever flash light app has 5 stars on the Google play store?
View Quote
So, youre trying to be clever but in reality just fail miserably.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
MARATAC™ AA FLASHLIGHT REV 2
The World's Smallest, Brightest, AA Flashlight

working very well for me <about a year of use

link
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Gonna look harder at that Klarus light. I like that the modes are just 2 and are entered via the bezel in a very binary way rather than cycling through the tailswitch or other gyrations.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

link
View Quote

Thanks for that. Ordering one tomorrow.
Don't know how I forgot to check Countycomm.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gonna look harder at that Klarus light. I like that the modes are just 2 and are entered via the bezel in a very binary way rather than cycling through the tailswitch or other gyrations.
View Quote

Yeah, it is simple.
4Sevens is similar with some of their lights, but you have to program the 4Sevens initially (still fairly simple).  
I actually like Klarus's other interface.  They have some with two buttons--the main on/off and a slightly recessed mode selector.  That works amazingly well for me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]
AAA?

Fenix E01...

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

link

You've probably forgotten about their shipping rates too

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I love my JETBeam RRT-01.  It will fit in the coin pocket of my jeans and is continually adjustable from zero to 600 lumens.  Here's a link to the manufacturer's page: LINK.  I'm king of a flashlight nerd, but I haven'e bought another EDC light since getting my RRT-01 a couple years ago.  If you get one, I highly recommend the "orange peel" reflector rather than the smooth one.

There are smaller 1xCR123 lights out there in the 400-600 lumen range, but the adjustability is worth the extra size, IMO.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I spent hours searching the other day for one too.  

(No prior knowledge on edc lights) so I'm in on this one for input too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I love my JETBeam RRT-01.  It will fit in the coin pocket of my jeans and is continually adjustable from zero to 600 lumens.  Here's a link to the manufacturer's page: LINK.  I'm king of a flashlight nerd, but I haven'e bought another EDC light since getting my RRT-01 a couple years ago.  If you get one, I highly recommend the "orange peel" reflector rather than the smooth one.

There are smaller 1xCR123 lights out there in the 400-600 lumen range, but the adjustability is worth the extra size, IMO.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/UploadFiles/2013831143414769.jpg
View Quote

This is an incredible light.  Not AA, but a much better light than the Maratac.

Check out 4sevens and Fenix.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Ended up with the Klarus P1A and 2 olight 14500 lithium cells. With the 14500 power the output is impressive; I was concerned it would run hot but I've run it on high for 5 minutes or so and not noticed any heat at all, so I think its good to go. The things you dont consider always have a way of popping up after purchase; I can see the benefit of orange peel now. This one has a smooth, deep reflector and very little spill; and it throws like crazy. I wish the clip was reversible. For $35 though I'm pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top