Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:08:43 PM EDT
are any made like that?  all the ones i have ever had , you have to scroll thru the settings to get to the red light or to turn it off.  i have looked at many light packages in the stores but none say ho it operates.
help!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The TacTikkas have a red filter that you can flip up, if that meets your needs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We use some cheap Energizer ones at work that take some pretty good abuse.  Slide the switch to the right and you get two white LED's, slide left for one red LED.  It swivels as well and runs on x3 AAA batteries.  

Energizer Head Lamp
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The TacTikkas have a red filter that you can flip up, if that meets your needs.

I bought one of these at the beginning of the summer and i love it. I have used the hell

out of it and am still running on the original batteries. The red light flip up is very handy.

http://www.rei.com/product/709063/petzl-tactikka-plus-led-headlamp
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Walmart has  a Coleman head lamp that  has a red  and blue light in addition to a 106 lumen high/49 medium/ 22 lumen low. Red light is activated by turning the round dial the opposite way of the white llight. The white light is a incandescent color white even thought it is a all LED light. It is more towards a spot beam but works well. It was about $25 and I would recommend it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Walmart has  a Coleman head lamp that  has a red  and blue light in addition to a 106 lumen high/49 medium/ 22 lumen low. Red light is activated by turning the round dial the opposite way of the white llight. The white light is a incandescent color white even thought it is a all LED light. It is more towards a spot beam but works well. It was about $25 and I would recommend it.

I have a Coleman Max from Wal Mart, probably what STUBBO has.  Rotate the switch one way and you get first red, then blue light.  Rotating it the other direction from "off" gives you white light.

CAUTION - These Coleman MAXs have one fatal flaw.  The battery cap is not captive.  If it comes off and you lose it, your light is worthless unless you make another disk to hold the battery pack in place.  Look at the reviews and you will see what I'm talking about.  It's about the size of a quarter.  Someone at my house must have been fooling with mine and lost the end cap.  I had to make a makeshift one for it.  

It's a good light and really throws a good beam with new batteries but not having the cap on a lanyard from the manufacturer is a terrible flaw, IMHO.

jd1
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought my wife one of the new Surefire headlamps. It's pretty damn awesome and it has a removable red filter. With the filter on you just turn the rheostat switch and get 1-100 lumens of red light.

The only thing that I don't like is that the red filter doesn't stow on the headlamp when not in use.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I am using an Energizer brand headlamp. I went with the Model # HD33A3CE which is currently available from Home Depot.
It runs on 3 AAA and has red, green and white LED. Each LED is turned on by its own switch. No need to turn on another color before turning off the current color.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
bought one of the tactikkas.  nice light.  thanks for all the suggestions
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]
The Princeton Tec FRED turns on to Red first, then a brighter red with another press. Press and hold for white LEDs. Price is around $25 on Amazon and it comes with a headband as well as a bracket that mounts it to PALS webbing. I've seen it in black, coyote, ACU and Multicam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top