Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2011 2:46:23 PM EDT
pretty self-explanitory
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Arfcom is great for Survival, I just wish the General Outdoors section got a bit more traffic.

I really like Backpacker for their forums.

TSP is a good website and has some helpful people on their forum.

Our own FERFAL has a good site. Check out his book as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Backpacking Light

WARNING:  Can get very techy!!!  But lots of good guys and tips.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Arfcom is great for Survival, I just wish the General Outdoors section got a bit more traffic.

I really like Backpacker for their forums.

TSP is a good website and has some helpful people on their forum.

Our own FERFAL has a good site. Check out his book as well.

The site for BackPacker forums is ran by Backpacker magazine.    The are full on libtards.   Most of the people on that site are so full of liberal hate they can not see straight.   There are a hand full of decent people there.   Most are flaming idiots.   A few are outright criminally dangerous.    A lot of their best, most experienced, smartest, and most helpful people get ran out of there for conservative views.    The moderation there makes our General Discussion forums look reasonable.     So, to be frank, I could never encourage a person to refer to that site.  

My recommendation, IF you absolutely have to associate yourself with anything related to that magazine, go to the bookstore and read their magazine and books.   NEVER buy and fund the anti-gun crazies.    Remember, their site uses advertising.   So, just visiting their site helps fund the growth and spread of pure evil in the world.

Yes, that is my honest opinion.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.survivalblog.com/
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]
You can learn pretty much all backpacking info on ARFCOM. It just might take longer.  For the style of hiking and camping I do (heavily armed). I find this site the most supportive.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Backpacking Light

WARNING:  Can get very techy!!!  But lots of good guys and tips.

+1, Great resource.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
whiteblaze.net
hammockforums.net
trailspace.com
Just a fewI look to but youtube is a good one as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top