Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:57:28 AM EDT
Having an issue with my gen and looking for service info. I can't find anything downloadable on the net and would rather not pay the 35-70 dollar price to order one if I don't have to. I'm hoping someone here has a manual or knows where to find a viewable version online.

My issue is the gen will only run at idle. Dies immediately when the throttle valve tries to open. I suspect the fuel cutoff valve on the carb isn't unloading the jet, but don't know if the issue is with the valve or the controller.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Does this help?

Click this link thingy right here... yep, right here

Let me know if this is it.

KT_Cobra
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes sir, that's the gen I have. I ran across that web site last weekend and it did give me a schematic in the owners manual which lead me to the fuel cutoff solenoid or solenoid controller as a likely culprit, but it doesn't give the operating voltage of the solenoid coil (and it isn't stamped in the sol housing), or the conditions necessary for the controller to signal it to open.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to see what you could find though. I love that about the people who hang out here!

Thanks again,
Greg
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I can usually find any kind of info or software on the net, so I'll see what I can find.  I'll post again tomorrow with the results (hopefully I'll have some for you).  Glad to help.

KT_Cobra
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top