Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2009 7:35:20 PM EDT
Yesterday at work I get a call from my dad, and find out that my favorite grandfather died. He enlisted in the USMC at 16 years old to fight in World War II, and fought through the Pacific campaign. Told me stories about he and his friends as I was growing up, and I used to spend hours looking at his medals and pictures. I've lost other relatives, but this one has hit me pretty hard. He's had a hard time the last couple years with his health though, so I know he's in a better place now. A few of the guys he served with should be attending his funeral, and i'll be seeing an Honor Guard for the first time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
May he rest in peace. Men of his generation are a dying breed, in a time when we need them the most.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Honor Guard firing a 21 gun salute at a military funeral is an awesome thing to watch/experience.  Sorry about your grandfather.
The greatest generation.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Semper Fi...

absent companions...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss.  Your grandfather's service will never be forgotten by those of us who know what he gave for our great country.  May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top