Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:18:53 AM EDT
I'l  be in the field and rnages righe after I land and I don't want to have to purchase what I already have.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
iif you strip them i dont see why you could not.  its not against tsa rules to carry on food.  If they are complete i could see them hassling you as to whats inside.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]

You'll have to open up the contents of the bag to show them.  Ditch the matches and possibly the heater.  

Depending on the mood of the agents, they might confiscate the meal because the contents of the food exceeds 3oz in a pouch; in addition, the packaging is not clear.  
It's iffy.  

ETA:  You're better off stuffing it in a seabag instead of your carryon.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It says right on the package that the heaters are not allowed on the plane. Everything else will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I opened them, took out the heaters, put all in a ziplock bag and will take them. What about wearing dog tags?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]
It says on the wrapper that the heater is allowed along as it is in the original wrapper :MRE Bag

Will they actually let you on with it? I dont know, I would probably take it out just to avoid possible trouble. If its tucked away in your bag I dont know how they will know you have an MRE anyway.

ETA: I also like the warfighter recommended they put on them know, I dont recommend anyone eat those damn things.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What about wearing dog tags?

Dog Tags are fine.  Just take them off for the metal detector.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]
and my SF coin?  (19th Group)
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
and my SF coin?  (19th Group)

absolutely not!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Update, I was asked to take the heat packet from the MRE.  But, the new clear MRE package was passed without a problem.  I put all of my stuff in the basket and my inspector asked, "Is that a military coin?"  I told them 19th Group.  
"Wow" he said, and then said "you're golf tango golf."  The kid had been in Iaq 2 years ago.
The case with the weapons passed quickly, I was gone in 5 minutes.  

Picking it up in Portland was also interesting, Over the intercom I heard, "Will Sgt 3 feathers pleas report to th U S Air office."
I thouhg uh oh.
Instead the lady in he office said, "Hi I was worried that I was in the RR for a couple of minutes and I was worried you woud be worried.  Here."

Wow.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It says right on the bag that aslong as it's in ther original unopened wrapper it's fine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Consusus at LFI is that U S Air has their act together as far as weapons.  I got tremendous discounts from them and Budget car rental.  I'll do a report on my new Mossberg SPX in the shotgun forum later.  We went 9 hours today and these old bones are pooped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top