Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2009 10:13:40 AM EDT
just got the 'for sure' that im being deployed in 30 days. heres my problem:

i live with my mother & invalid grandmother. i take care of most of the bills, but the house is in grandmas' name. no real 'lease' or renters agreement, we're family.

what kind of documentation do i need to get BAH for the deployment?

if anyone has some resources for me, i'd be grateful. i just want to make sure the bills get paid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you would have to declare them as your dependents.  I know it can be done somehow.  You should probably declare them as dependents on your taxes as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get something notorized with there signatures, and some kind of B.S. saying you have a lease its no more that that. I went through it 2 years ago and it was n't to big of a deal
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Just type it up on the computer and print it off and notorize it.  Just make sure you don't use the clause "for storage" in there.  That almost hemmed me up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, i know its all gotta be signed and notarized, but other than not saying shit about storage, what should it say?

maybe something like "(my name) will pay $X/mo to live at (address), owned by (grandma)"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Just get a rental agreement form from Staples and fill it out.  The amount of rent doesn't matter, the amount of BAH you get is assigned by zip code.  Fill it out with you parent as your landlord and turn it in.  Make a few copies of it to bring with you through the mob process because someone will lose the first one you turn in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#6]
What branch? When I mobilized in January with the Navy Reserve they didn't require any documentation. Just started up the BAH. I still had a copy of my mortgage to be safe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just get a rental agreement form from Staples and fill it out.  The amount of rent doesn't matter, the amount of BAH you get is assigned by zip code.  Fill it out with you parent as your landlord and turn it in.  Make a few copies of it to bring with you through the mob process because someone will lose the first one you turn in.

thats an option ill probably go with. hadnt even dawned on me that they had those. thanks for reminding me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats an option ill probably go with. hadnt even dawned on me that they had those. thanks for reminding me.

Like I said, make copies and take some with you.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC it had to be notarized when I went through last fall. At any rate, have someone at home who can fax additional information if needed, as I recall a ton of people had to get stuff faxed over.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IIRC it had to be notarized when I went through last fall. At any rate, have someone at home who can fax additional information if needed, as I recall a ton of people had to get stuff faxed over.

yeah, iver got a notary on tap. the property owner (grandma) is an invalid, so we have a notary we've used for other things that will come to her. people like that are hard to find, apparently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top