Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 2:35:54 PM EDT
My company 1sg wants all soldiers who are identified as being in a non deployable status (dental) to get thier teeth check and fixed by thier personal dentist, (Im NG)...

My complaint, is not everyone has a dentist, the majority do not have any insurance but they want us to pay out of our pocket to fix what the ARMY wants fixed..

Im all about having everything ready to go, but I cant see how lower enlisted can be forced with threats of punishment (Counseling statments and extra duty) when most barely get paid enough topay for gas to and from drill....

Any advise yall could give me to maybe correct this problem??
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Army chooses to deploy an NG unit, do they typically pay to bring it up to snuff?  Gear, Medical, uniforms, etc etc......
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My company 1sg wants all soldiers who are identified as being in a non deployable status (dental) to get thier teeth check and fixed by thier personal dentist, (Im NG)...

My complaint, is not everyone has a dentist, the majority do not have any insurance but they want us to pay out of our pocket to fix what the ARMY wants fixed..

Im all about having everything ready to go, but I cant see how lower enlisted can be forced with threats of punishment (Counseling statments and extra duty) when most barely get paid enough topay for gas to and from drill....

Any advise yall could give me to maybe correct this problem??

That sounds like bullshit have you talked to your squad leader yet? what did he say?

I'm in the reserves and I'm a class 3 for dental my unit is fixing it, the last srp they caught 2 cavities and sent me to the dentist and they paid for it, i have another srp coming up and they should do the same thing again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
<––-not an expert on resrve components and their workings.

Have you been activated yet?  Wait until you get to you mob sight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Something doesn't sound right...

When my unit prepped for deployment the unit paid for Class 3 and 4 dental work. You only had to do some paperwork through S1 or the UA to arrange the appointment. We really didn't worry about Class 2 (since I think that still falls into the "deployable" cat). Anything that isn't done prior to MOB site, will be done at MOB site, if it places you in a non-deployable status. Getting it done at MOB site may force you to deploy late and join your unit downrange.

Perhaps your 1SG is not aware of programs available to his Soldiers yet. I know we had MEDPROS at our drill damn near every month drawing blood, giving us shots, doing checkups... all prior to MOB site, prior to SRP even, just to be sure everything was caught ahead of time so no one would get stuck at MOB site, or needlessly kicked at SRP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats just it guys, were not deploying....Im the sqd ldr and have been trying to address this issue for a month now, and all my plt sgt has to say is "do it or get a counseling statement".

I do think Im just going to have to step up and do this myself, Im a SSG and so is my Plt Sgt.

Should i make a formal complaint to my higher ups???
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats just it guys, were not deploying....Im the sqd ldr and have been trying to address this issue for a month now, and all my plt sgt has to say is "do it or get a counseling statement".

I do think Im just going to have to step up and do this myself, Im a SSG and so is my Plt Sgt.

Does the NG have an Inspector General?  If so, you can call and ask them about it without filing a complaint.  If it  is warranted, then you can file a complaint.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the NG have an Inspector General?  If so, you can call and ask them about it without filing a complaint.  If it  is warranted, then you can file a complaint.

Yep, we have an IG.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you at Bragg?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you at Bragg?

No Im national guard..211th mp co. in clyde NC..In the mountains..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top