Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:42:31 AM EDT
My father recently compiled his Vietnam experiences from 67-68 to be passed to our families. Growing up he never talked much about the war but over time I was able to piece together a few things. He gathered up every letter he wrote home (Mom and Grandma saved everything ,Thank God) and wrote down his account of his time in the Army.

I never knew he went though such a rough time. I cried several times reading the accounts from 40 years ago. I see what a difficult position that the young people of that time were put though and what was happening back home.

This written account is the best gift I have ever received. It will be passed to my daughter when she is old enough to understand.

To all the Vietnam Vets out there, Thank You for your service.

Link Posted: 9/1/2008 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds cool! I'd love to check it out, if it's not family-only.

Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the Post.

And Thank you for not forgetting us and what some, if not all of our Brothers went through...

Honor to your Father.

Manimal308, Out...
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]

I really like this photo.

One for you, one for me.

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds cool! I'd love to check it out, if it's not family-only.

+1. wish those pics were still up. Nam vets are pretty high up on my list of people i respect. they did what they did to allow all us current servicemen to do what we do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top