Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2008 4:43:42 AM EDT
I am not really sure how Army boot camp goes as far as calls home. In Marine boot camp, we had no contact until we got back from the field(the end of second phase), I am not sure if it has always been like this or if it was some MOM initiative.
At what point in an Army recruits training is the call home allowed? Please give me an approximate week count so I can judge when to be around the phone.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Within 72 hours an Army recruit will call home/attempt a phone call to tell next-of-kin that they arrived safely.

After that, all bets are off... it depends on their Chain of Command, their performance as a group, their individual performance, training schedule, etc.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
Within 72 hours an Army recruit will call home/attempt a phone call to tell next-of-kin that they arrived safely.

After that, all bets are off... it depends on their Chain of Command, their performance as a group, their individual performance, training schedule, etc.

I called once for ONE minute, long enough to tell my wife "Hey I'm here" then hung up. After that I didn't get one until after our final FTX in like week 11.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I disagree with people who think one should -never- buy a car new. It depends on your priorities.

If all you want is an efficient way of getting from A to B, then yes, absolutely, a year-old/two-year-old Honda Civic can't be beaten. If you're a little more passionate about what you drive, making sure that what you have in your car is all your preferences down to the type of wood found in the inlays, also with all the latest features, the only likely option is buying new.

NTM
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I disagree with people who think one should -never- buy a car new. It depends on your priorities.

If all you want is an efficient way of getting from A to B, then yes, absolutely, a year-old/two-year-old Honda Civic can't be beaten. If you're a little more passionate about what you drive, making sure that what you have in your car is all your preferences down to the type of wood found in the inlays, also with all the latest features, the only likely option is buying new.

NTM

Meh?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

NTM

I agree
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife got me an 04 Grand Cherokee for Father's Day, paid 13k for it, with 35000 miles on it. We'll never again buy new, it's way cheaper to let someone break it in and take the depreciation for us.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#8]
What the hell is going on in this thread?

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
They buy cars in basic training now???
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am not really sure how Army boot camp goes as far as calls home.

...and remember, the Army doesn't have "Boot Camp".  It has "Basic Training".  There are no "boots" (USMC name for recruits) but calls them "trainees", "privates" or any number of names unsuitable for this forum.

We don't live on "bases", we live on/in "forts" or "posts".  We don't go to the "base exchange", we go to the PX (post exchange).

Just a little education so you don't embarass yourself.

You are welcome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Oops. Cross-posted to the wrong freaking thread.

Please ignore me.

NTM
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...and remember, the Army doesn't have "Boot Camp".  It has "Basic Training".  There are no "boots" (USMC name for recruits) but calls them "trainees", "privates" or any number of names unsuitable for this forum.

We don't live on "bases", we live on/in "forts" or "posts".  We don't go to the "base exchange", we go to the PX (post exchange).

Your welcome.

And we make a contraction out of the words 'You' and 'are' and spell it 'You're'.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your welcome.

And we make a contraction out of the words 'You' and 'are' and spell it 'You're'.

Your welcome, my welcome, we all have welcome.  (Thanks, pevrs114!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top