Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2007 11:27:14 AM EDT
My NROTC unit is administering the test next week. I'm going to take it. What should I know going in/ what are good ways to prep?

Before anybody asks why the short notice, they usually do this in the spring, and they only told me monday they were doing one this semester.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
never heard of it, I took the ASVAB before I enlisted, did they change the name?
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
No, the ASTB is the Navy/Marine Corps flight aptitude test.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
oh sweet, good luck with that, my buddies who went army aviation bought books to prep for the test.

if the navy doesn't work out, try the Army.
Link Posted: 11/7/2007 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
marinegouge.com/mediawiki-1.6.6/index.php?title=Aviation_Selection_Test_Battery
That's the gouge sheet I wrote. You can also browse airwarriors.com for other gouge. Are you taking it for aviation or just for the OAR?
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm taking it for the aviation.

I'm one of those singleminded bastards who grew up watching TOPGUN and aviation documentaries and hasn't really changed his "what do you want to be when you grow up?" answer since preschool.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help. Ended up with a 7,7,8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top