Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2007 12:33:36 PM EDT
I squeaked through state SRP, state SRC, and barely passed SRC at mobe site.  i made it for 5 days wearing body armor and an assault pack before my knee started giving out on a regular basis.  I went in to get a profile for a couple days just to give my knee some time to recuperate and the doctor told me he wasn't comfortable with me deploying.  He made me non-deployable and I got kicked home REFRAD before 25 days.  

I feel sick, i feel terrible that i'm not going overseas with my friends.  The worst part is that they cut my tricare off the same day I was judged non-deployable, so that i couldnt get my knee fixed (they think i need a knee replacement) on the Armys dime.  They said for me to go home and talk to the VA (the same VA that declined to operate on my knee before, they said they'd rather wait till it needed replacing).

I'm probably going to have to go through a two year wait to get surgery at the VA, whereas if the Army fixed me, i'd be ready to deploy in 4 months and i could be with my unit.  I feel like i've been tossed aside by the Army.  There are millions of dirtbags in this country that wouldn't lift a finger to save her, yet the Army wants to save money, so they won't fix a disabled combat veteran that actually wants to go overseas.

I think i'm going to write my congressmen, because I am shocked that this happened to me, and if it happened to me, it's happened to other troops like me I'm sure.  A sad state of affairs
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Aw shit, I'm sorry Boom.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude, that really sucks

Come to the VA here, they are superb from what I've seen & might be able to fast track ya.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Boom, I feel your pain man, you probably already know my story by now. blew mine out day before BCT and the MEPS DQed me and i had to pay for Arthroscopic surgery out of my pocket last May. i'm still waiting for my discharge papers so i can Re-enlist. Good Luck and Get Well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top