Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 9:06:14 AM EDT
I have a former employer who was MISTER Jar Head. Still wears US Marines golf shirts 3 times a week, has paraphernalia all over his office, talks the talk, etc, etc, etc. We are now competitors and he waves his USMC service as a badge of honor to make sales. He is 30 something (much younger than I) and supposedly served in the first gulf war. I have asked him several times why he hasn't been recalled since he was 'all that'. He has never given me a straight answer and I now have reason to believe that he was either in legal trouble or was discharged under less than honorable circumstances. We have a written agreement that we cannot disparage each others name, so I won't say his name or speak badly of him. I only want to find out if he is what he says he is. Is there any way that i can find out his information publicly?
Many thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
duuuhhhh, www.dd214.org/

Not too tough to find...........

Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#2]
duhhhh... not at all hard to find, but not accesible unless you are family or have power of attorney
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask the local recruiter for the address in St. Louis to get records. I know it is at 9700 Page Blvd., St. Louis but I can't remember the department name. I've been in the department personaly but that was 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
edited
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
duuuhhhh, www.dd214.org/

Not too tough to find...........

Mike

That is for your ordering of your personal DD214.  DD214's are confidential and not for general release.  Even if the DD214 is filed at the county clerk's office, it is only available for viewing by the filer.  So unless he has a signed power of attorney or wants to break some privacy laws, he is SOL.

From DD214.org:

DD214.org will not release personal information to anyone, at any time, for any reason other than to the United States Governement Agency in order to obtain your requested information.

I suggest you maybe try some military alumni groups or maybe a recruiter friend?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top