Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:22 PM EDT
Taking command of A/321 Engineer Bn (C) (C) (M) today.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!

BTW, what's "(C)(C)(M)" ? ... corps combat mech?

I thought you had deployed to the sandbox already.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congratulations!

BTW, what's "(C)(C)(M)" ? ... corps combat mech?

I thought you had deployed to the sandbox already.

Yep you got the (C) (C) (M) correct.  I left home last month - we will be there soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I know it isn't natural yet for you legs to know how to properly wear a beret, but for the love of God, somebody help that poor guy out that has his back to the camera.  Oh wait, is he a chef?

Seriously though, congrats and God speed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I was there!

Have fun at your school, sir.

ESSAYONS!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know it isn't natural yet for you legs to know how to properly wear a beret, but for the love of God, somebody help that poor guy out that has his back to the camera.  Oh wait, is he a chef?

Seriously though, congrats and God speed.

Do you still cut the liner and stiffener out of your berets?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Do you still cut the liner and stiffener out of your berets?

I actually have yet to ever have had a beret with a liner. Was issued the black one in Korea, we were one of the first units to officially put it on. They were cheap pieces of foreign made crap. Rained the day of the ceremony, the dye bled all over everyone. Was quite funny to see the general with black dye running down his face. Then they all shrank. We wore them for one whole day and then went back to PCs. Was issued the maroon one once I got here to Bragg, been through 6 of them now, one from CIF, one from General Jackson's, and the other 4 from Clothing Sales. None of my berets as ever had the liner.

We do still cut the stiffener out though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I always cut out the liner and the stiffener in mine as well.  The stiffener could be a bit tricky, because if you didn't do it just right your beret looked like a soup sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there a list on line detailing which "flash" each unit wears? Do you use your unit crest to pin the flash on? Berets are new to me as during my time in the only people wearing them were green beanies, airbourne, and Rangers. I know when I got my bother transfered from replacement Co. at Benning to my unit, TOG, he arrived wearing a marron beret with a blue flash and his jump wings holding it on. He told me that some of the jerks at benning didn't care how they wore it then and it looked like a marron pancake sitting on their "do".
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top