Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's the best two links I can find:

www.warsailors.com/oddswar/warmedals.html, this one lead me to this one:www.medals.org.uk/norway/norway-text.htm....

Lots of medals on the second link there as well as links not followed on the first link, sorry did not peruse all options, but may be of some help to those with the time to look in more detail.....

Mike

ps - fwiw, don't much look like a military medal if the ones in links above are indicators....

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked the Scandanavian military types on TankNet. Some replies were more useful than others:

I dare say with 99.9% certainty that it is not from the norwegian military, i`ve never seen anything like that. Looks more like something from a local folkcostume (Bunad).

First thing that comes to my mind is some kind of decoration for a homosexual Swedish or Danish king during the 17th or 18th century. But I could be wrong...

Talked to a Norwegian Friend of mine, he says it looks like one of the Miraculous Medals, as in "This medal of St Ralph the Patron Saint of Ingrown Toenails"...

YMMV

NTM
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
That item looks like some kind of pocket watch "fob".
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The fellows over at medalcollectors.com pretty much all say at best, it's a watch fob or costume jewelry. Whatever it is, none of them believe that it is an official decoration or medal.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top