Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 10:32:56 AM EDT
Just want to say hello to the fellow vets in here.  Just joined the forum (obviously).  And a few bits of info about myself...

I got out in 03, with 7 years in.  I did two tours as a support radio guy in SF (2/1 SFG, 1/10 SFG).  Been to a ton of funky places, but not to the ME.  

My enlistment was up right after kickoff, so did not get the priviliage to serve out there.  But I feel that I have put plenty of time sucking in enough 3rd world places to make up for it.

Now I am attending school to finish my degree in Compuer Science, and hopefully finish in Spring 07.

I guess that's it for now, unless anyone wants to grill me about it to confirm for the sake of screwing with the FNG.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.

Hey - did you wipe your feet before coming in here???!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ack, sorry about that..

/wipes feet
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
35J2S

Yea its a total REMF job, but once I got into the SF community that changed quick.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
How was your time spent at 1st Grp? My recruiter was a commo support guy there and I'm headed there after Korean.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you added your bit to the service record thread?^^
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the !
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed it.  

Things were going pretty well there when I was there (97-99).  However some of that regular army funk was starting to seep in through the cracks. :)

If you have not spent time in a SOF unit, then it will be a BIG change from Korea.

Honestly, I much more preferred my tour in a forward deployed batallion (1/10).  Much more lax, all about getting the job done.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#9]
welcome!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Welcome, ex-Air Force and know working for DoD!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I enjoyed it.  

Things were going pretty well there when I was there (97-99).  However some of that regular army funk was starting to seep in through the cracks. :)

If you have not spent time in a SOF unit, then it will be a BIG change from Korea.

Honestly, I much more preferred my tour in a forward deployed batallion (1/10).  Much more lax, all about getting the job done.

Thanks. I'm actually not stationed in Korea. I'm learning the Korean language right now. Then i'm heading to 1st grp. Some friends are heading 1/10. That was a pretty popular choice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Ahh so youre in language school at JFKSWCS i assume?

1SFG is a good assignment, like I said before, I enjoyed it.  Lewis is a decent sized post, not too huge.

There's plenty to do in the Tacoma/Seattle area, and hands down one of the best landscapes around.

The only really shitty thing is the rain... it just never ends.  One thing guys will tell you about goin to 1st, is "Hope you like getting wet".

Lets hear how it goes when you show up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea I am. I'm actually from the Seattle area so I've lived through about 13yrs of the weather. I'm not exactly looking forward to spending alot more time in the rain but I do love the summers and it will be nice being a little closer to friends and family.  I should be arriving in June so just in time for some nice weather.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to ARFcom and the Vet's forum. Pull up a chair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top