Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:25:30 AM EDT
Was having a discussion in GD, and the memories all flooded back.  I had been intending to do a mural of my mom, my dad, and myself by way of uniform boxes.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

But I need some help, since I cannot go to the PX anymore (ETSd in 93).  

I need my awards, discs, tabs, patches, hash mark, etc, plus a class A jacket and cunt cap (we didn't have berets back then).

I'll pay you for everything, and will pay for your time, too!  I will send you my 214 so you know I'm not asking for awards I'm not qualified to wear, but only TO SOMEONE CURRENTLY SERVING US ARMY.  No exceptions.  I love our vets (I am one of them) but I will NOT send my 214 to anyone that is not AD or NG.  

Please PM me if you can help and are willing.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Most excellent!  Thank you bro!

I just showed it to my mom, and we are going to do a "family" thing that will go to my oldest son (in the picture from the other thread, now 18):  mom, dad, myself, and my step-dad.  I just need to get everything ordered for all 4 of us - though I am going to get extras so that Richard can have it and so can I.  

Man, I sure do appreciate this!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You also may be able to find most of what you're looking for at a local Army/Navy surplus store - particularly the Class A Jacket and garrison cap.  Odds are that you'll find the hash marks and unit patches as well.  

Post pics when you get it done!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You also may be able to find most of what you're looking for at a local Army/Navy surplus store - particularly the Class A Jacket and garrison cap.  Odds are that you'll find the hash marks and unit patches as well.  

Post pics when you get it done!

I promise pics.  But I will not go through the local surplus store unless I have to.

I actually have another guy (a member here) that is getting me the stuff from the PX.  I wish I still had my card...  I'd go just for the memories.  

Question:

If I give the VA my 214 can they look up my unit commendations to make it just like it I wore it?  I want the exact representation of what I wore.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]

I promise pics.  But I will not go through the local surplus store unless I have to.
If I give the VA my 214 can they look up my unit commendations to make it just like it I wore it?  I want the exact representation of what I wore.  

There's a site called myrack.com (or similar)  Do a search with the words AWARDS ORDER PRECEDENCE, and it should come right up . You enter your awards, and it shows you exactly how they should be worn.
By the way, I'd stay away from surplus stores.  Prices are generally two to three times what you'd pay for the items new at Clothing Sales.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Member geezhound hooked me up tight!

Most of what I needed he wrangled for free.  But, what else can you expect from guys sharing the same mess hall 13 years apart?!  

A public thank you to you, geezhound!  You da man, my friend!  

I'm getting my complete uniform for next to nothing.  Guys, this is how vets help others!  Because he broke his ass for me, I'll break my ass for him to do the one thing he asked of me:

I need a stripped LMT upper - and I want it next to new if not NIB.  It will be my thank you to him, but like he said, the EE guys grab em up so fast we never get a shot at em.  And, to be honest, I have no idea what one is worth

So I call on your integrity to PM me if you have one, vet to vet (forget it if you have tongue depressors made for cats ) and ask a fair price - which I will pay and then send to him to say thank you for his efforts.

This place rocks man!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top