Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2005 5:07:38 PM EDT
I posted a rant in the Nevada forum about my on going experience with home depot. If I was smart enough to post a link to the post I would......but I'm not.......sorry.

One thing I didn't mention in that rant was the fact that even though I spent just under $10,000 for new floors for my house, I was told that home depot does not give Military discounts. Yes they are a private company and it is their right to decide weather or not to give discounts, but I just thought I'd put that out there cuz they have pissed me off to no end.

I have another $20,000 ear marked for home improvements befor I PCS to Germany.........and it's ALL going to Lowes. I hope they have better customer service than Home Depot.

End of rant, carry on.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Lowes appears to be anti-gun, however they did give in to pressure from the NRA, and removed the anti-gun messages from their web site.  

Lowes anti gun info

Sometimes it's hard to win.

Good luck with your home improvements.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I was told differently. But, it seems like every time I call HD I get different answers from different people so who knows.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Home Depot in Leavenworth, KS has a monthly military appreciation day - 10% off.  Must be a regional thing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was told differently. But, it seems like every time I call HD I get different answers from different people so who knows.

I work for HD and know that is wrong. HD has military/veteran discounts at least a couple times a year, the most recent being for Veterans Day.  HD donates all sorts of money to veterans organizations and has a hiring program just for us, I got hired on through it. I will tell you that I doubt you would ever get a discount on the full amount for that large a purchase, IIRC our discounts (military or otherwise) are only good for up to around $2-3k. If you made that $10k floor purchase you will probably start getting discount coupons in the mail occaisonally now, I have several friends that spent large amounts for projects and they seem to get discounts more often then I do as an employee.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
That's kind of what I figured. What really pissed me off was the guy's reaction when I asked about a Military discount.

" HA! No, there's no Military discount."

Almost like he took pleasure in it. By this time I was already so hot it just stoked the fire.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was at Ft. Hood I was constantly in and out of Advanced Auto Parts. Well a new one opened up in the same town (Killeen) and me and a buddy decided to stop in. I bought some thing and the clerk asked if I was military and if so to show my ID card for a %10 military discount. I was surprised and asked why I never got a discount at the other one. He explained that it was company policy, but them being a new store, upper managment probably didnt realize they were in a military town and they were more than likely going to cancel that policy once they realized this new store was in a military town. So basically enjoy it while it lasts.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Home Depot gives a 10% discount to military here I believe. I know they were sending out 10% off cards last veteran's day. I don't think I have ever seen Lowes supporting the military.  Lowes was debating if they should call it a christmas tree or a holiday tree recently. Goes to show just how politically anal they are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's kind of what I figured. What really pissed me off was the guy's reaction when I asked about a Military discount.

" HA! No, there's no Military discount."

Almost like he took pleasure in it. By this time I was already so hot it just stoked the fire.

Then what you DO, is go and talk to the MANAGER,ask if there's a military discount, THEN when s/he says "yes" tell HIM/HER about the offense you took at the idiot cashier's reaction when you asked HIM.... then ask that the employee be talked to and ask for an appology from the imcompetant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top