Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 6:54:38 PM EDT
I was there as an SP '97-'98 with a good buddy of mine who recently went back over for a short tour.  Incirlik was a blast; a good rowdy country bar on base (the Wagon Wheel, biggest money making bar in the AF at the time), little sports bar, plenty of little off-base hole-in-the-walls.  Our favorite off base place was the Incirlik Pub, run by a guy named Yasin, which sold Efes and Tuborg beers for $1.00 a glass and strong rum and cokes for $2.  We had a lot of fun, couldn't have picked a better place to be 19-20 years old.

I hadn't heard from my buddy so I sent him an email to what I supposed was his new account:

Subject: This email addy any good?

You out there man?

I got this back:

Fuck yeah brother

Dude I lost everything my cell phone all my numbers all my e-mail addresses.  It sucks over here now.  The Timeout is closed.  The Wagon Wheel is gone and the only thing that didn’t change is the NCBRO Club.  No tent city anymore.  The curfew is 0100.  The incirlik pub is now a internet café.  Yasin works at the BX now.  The Turks hate us and we had a Mexican standoff between us and them and we smuggled two people out of the country for arresting a Turkish officer who it are cop.  It’s a new ball game around here.  Hit me back man I wish you were here.

P.S. Girls are still sluts here

SSgt xxx

Poor bastard.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Was there last year, the place is a ghost town compared to what it was like 3-4 years ago during the tent city heyday's. Carpets are cheaper than ever with the lack of customers though.... Personally I have no desire to ever go back ...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I just went through the Lick in August, that place sucked ass. I was glad I only spent a few hours on the ground. Im glad I was never stationed there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Only good thing there is the airport on the way out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Was there in 92. Got some good deals on rugs, made a killing selling them in Italy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was there in 92. Got some good deals on rugs, made a killing selling them in Italy.

Hey I was there with the 26 MEU in '92. We bought a few shotguns, wrapped them in rug's then used the ships post office to send them back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top