Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 1:52:37 PM EDT
Recently I was approved for training under this program.  Is there anything I might need to know that maybe they forgot to tell me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They are very slow with their paperwork and payments.  Plan ahead and stay in touch with your Service Ogranization's (DAV, VFW, etc.) National Service Officer to motivate the VA as needed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Never dealt with that bunch directly, but having dealt with VA before on funding of educational
benefits, my advice would be to set up a notebook, and keep notes RELIGIOUSLY as to when you
talked to somebody, who they were (names & #'s), the basic jist of the conversation, etc.

Keep copies of all your correspondence with them. It's a PITA, but when it's all over and done with,
you can shred it then.

Trust me - keeping your copies can turn out to be so beneficial down the road when "Joe Smith"
swears that you never filled out Form 123, and you can pull your copy, signed by him, and say
"Yes, I did, and I have your signature on it!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top