Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:23:42 AM EDT
How is the sizing on these uniforms? I am gonna order a set and usually wear medium longs. I have heard that they fit a little snug and short compared to the BDUs. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have seen and heard, the blouse is shorter.  The reason is that you won't have as much hanging out from your body armor or web gear.  That way it won't snag.  I'm not sure about the pants, though.  We're supposed to be getting our ACUs by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the same size you wear in standard BDUs or DCUs.  Watch the sleeve length though.  I normally wear a LR BDU top.  Bough LR ACU top and feel like I could have gone LS or MR.

Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I am wearing the same size as I did in BDU's.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Im wearing the same as the BDUs. The blouse is designed to wear shorter - it was one of the major complaints with the BDU once you got into full battle rattle. Its also a little bit tighter round the limbs. I, frankly, find them way more comfortable than our BDUs.

John
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
We get 'em next month. Blech! I don't care for them at all.hey
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I did notice the top is shorter but i normally wear ML pants, at least a MR but when we were fitted for ACUs they ended up givin me MS pants. And they were still plenty long.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
and no more pressing and shining.hr

After the war is over, I wonder how long this will last. Is everyone going to look like a bunch of "rag bags" now?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I gotta say.

They're ugly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't get the digital pattern, what in nature is digital looking?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Go one size bigger, as they do run short. Much more comfortable than BDU. Color doesnt matter in country, you will look tan after 5 minutes outside.  Lots of nifty pockets, and they are lighter.  Takes a few washings before they start to breathe.

Hanging out in MOSUL for the night(this place is a shithole)

ARNG Sniper
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to see the 127 still wandering around.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Rag bags?  Heh, it makes more economical and logistical sense to read the instructions.

Even on BDUs.  DO NOT STARCH OR PRESS.  Uniforms will last longer, hold together better in combat.

But, I guess some garrison pukes are way too worried about looking pretty.  I'd rather be dirty, wrinkly, and in the field.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone been told they are not authorized to wear them yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah.  I was thinking about getting a set, but I was told while reg states we can, no one else in the unit would have it.  I don't want to look messed up by being in a different uniform than everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Rag bags?  Heh, it makes more economical and logistical sense to read the instructions.

Even on BDUs.  DO NOT STARCH OR PRESS.  Uniforms will last longer, hold together better in combat.

But, I guess some garrison pukes are way too worried about looking pretty.  I'd rather be dirty, wrinkly, and in the field.

In the field yes, but you won't spend your career in the field. When you're in garrison, and if you're a Lifer, you'll spend a lot of time there. There's no reason to look like a slob. I guess the modern Army has forgotten what "Strac" meant.  Walk down the street of any city in the US today and you’ll see a bunch of slobs so why should I be surprised that the Army is the same way. In my day we took pride in our appearance, slobs could always find an excuse for being a slob.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...and no more pressing and shining.

How's that line go, "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

I distinctly remember hearing the exact same thing about BDUs....

Guaranteed, there's an 0-5 or 0-6 somewhere thinking, "Ya know, press these just so, and they'll
look better in formation...."
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the field yes, but you won't spend your career in the field. When you're in garrison, and if you're a Lifer, you'll spend a lot of time there. There's no reason to look like a slob. I guess the modern Army has forgotten what "Strac" meant.  Walk down the street of any city in the US today and you’ll see a bunch of slobs so why should I be surprised that the Army is the same way. In my day we took pride in our appearance, slobs could always find an excuse for being a slob.  

I'm just not a fan of garrison.  But, I understand where you are coming from.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just not a fan of garrison.  But, I understand where you are coming from.

If you're a 11B a tour with "The Old Guard" can do good things and it's a fun place too. Looks ggod in your service record too. When I was there I saw a lot of senior NCO's with a chest full of letuce on their "Blues". Many had 1 or more Silver Stars. I wouldn't call them Garrison Pukes. And a "Tomb Guard" badge has to be one of the rarest items you'll see on someones Class A's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Speaking of Rag bags, what's up with so many people wearing the PFU as a work uniform?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah....our 1SGT really don't like the ACUs, so we are not authorized to wear them until we actually deploy, We do all our combat training in BDUs - Id much rather wear the ACUs while we do pre-dep training so we can get used to the new pocket setup. Ah well, cie la vie.

John
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I do believe basic trainees start getting issued the ACU next month, so by Feb/Mar 06 you will start seeing them roll into units. That is when you will be able to get away with wearing them even if they aren't issued mostly likely since there will be a few noobs sticking out like sore thumbs anyway lol. I remember when the new PT's came out, someone in my platoon got a set at MCSS and wore them to morning PT. Our PSG tried to sneak him back into the building before the 1SG came out but he was a few seconds slow, I could have sworn the 1SG was going to have a heart attack right there on the front steps of the barracks The next week our battery got a guy fresh out of AIT and all he had was the new stuff, so that was everyones cue to start wearing them without an ass chewing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Some people just don't like change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top