Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:08:53 AM EDT
I would like to join the Marine Corps but  I cant fathom leaving my friends and family for such a long time so I am interested in joining the Marine Reserves and would appreciate anything you guys can tell me about it before I drop by the recruiters office. I live in a small town in Oregon that is only 30 min away from Portland and Id be really interested if I could serve there or somewhere else in Oregon. I grew up on Camp pendleton and it would be really cool to go back there for bootcamp,etc.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually west coast recruit training is located in Hollywood.
Just kidding, San Diego.
Good luck, research what MOS you want, and parents do need to be involved.  As a former Marine myself I'm glad my son involved me in every aspect and direction he took in joining.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you decide to join, you will see Camp Pendalton. You go there for part of your bootcamp.
You want to join the reserves because you don't want to leave your friends and family? Do you read the papers kid? It's not one weekend a month and two weeks a year anymore.

If you are going to be a Marine, reservist or not, you are a warrior. You go where they send you, when they send you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top