Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 7:52:30 AM EDT
I took my 17 y.o. son to the Marine recruiter last week. He needs to get his GED and then take the ASVAB test. Is this test similar to the GED test and how can he prepare for it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#1]
check out www.military.com, they've got a good writeup on what to expect on the asvab as well as links to asvab prep tests if i remember correctly.  you might have to pay for the preps.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
also advise the military.com practice test - it doesn' thave all sections, but it gives an idea.

Never taken GED test, but took asvab in march, did well enough to get most jobs.  Math skills and reading skills are what they're testing.  If he is mechanically inclined, it will help.

As other poster said, you can buy commercial ASVAB test prep books.  I don't know if they help or not.

Best advice I can give - have a good meal beforehand, don't be nervous, and don't be afraid to guess - the answer is in front of you, and you have a decent chance of getting it by luck, if you're really stumped.  Try to eliminate wrong answers first if possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top