Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2005 12:31:22 PM EDT
hey everyone... don't know how many remember me since I haven't been on since december 28th when I came down here to Parris Island... well (finally!) I graduate tomorow and became a Marine today... it's been a long road but well worth it... Got sick and dropped from training to a rehab platoon for about 6 weeks but came back, got merritorious PFC and shot company high shooter on the range (242/250)... Can't wait to get back on here and caught up with things and can't wait to get to SOI.... anyway, just wanted to say hi again...

-Roth
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding!! Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!

Now get yerself a haircut Hippie!
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome aboard, Devil Dog.
ERRR!
SOI ain't bad, just stay outta trouble on libo.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!  It's all about staying with it....Welcome aboard.  What MOS did you get?  Being the high shooter, they'll probably make you a disbursing clerk....
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, hell of a score on the range!  I thought I did well on the range with a 233.  Best of luck to you at SOI, and odn't show up early, or else you will be put on guard duty for a few weeks before picking up with a training company.  That's what I'm stuck doing right now at Camp Pendleton.

BTW, the best Marines come out of MCRD San Diego
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Way to hang in there (exta 6 weeks) I would not wish that on any body. Thats one helluva score...I thought the scoring system has changed...?
What mos you going for?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BTW, the best Marines come out of MCRD San Diego

+1 on that one!!

I miss that place to a LARGE degree!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Well done. Way to hang in there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks guys.... 0300 for me.... hoping to pick up a scout/sniper slot after SOI but we'll see.... scoring goes like this...we shoot 200yds sitting, kneeling and standing slow fire... 200yds rapid fire sitting... 300 yds slow fire sitting, 300yds rapid fire prone and 500yds slow fire prone... 5 points a shot max... 50 rounds...

and you guys may have a hill or two but you don't have anything close to a damn sand flea out there in hollywood...

-Roth
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
welcome back and thank-you for serving your country. may a long and successful career await you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
thanks guys.... 0300 for me.... hoping to pick up a scout/sniper slot after SOI but we'll see.... scoring goes like this...we shoot 200yds sitting, kneeling and standing slow fire... 200yds rapid fire sitting... 300 yds slow fire sitting, 300yds rapid fire prone and 500yds slow fire prone... 5 points a shot max... 50 rounds...

and you guys may have a hill or two but you don't have anything close to a damn sand flea out there in hollywood...

-Roth

I'd take a few fleas over the Reaper in non broken in boots that were half a size too small anyday!  Frickin company 1st SGT made us change out of our combats into jungle boots (which we had only worn once for drill) just because they got a little wet the first night of the crucible.  Needless to say, a lot of recruits feet were hurting after the Reaper hike

Hope you get that scout sniper, especially with those rifle scores.  I don't think my eyesight is good enough to qualify for it, but I am definately gonna try the Recon indoc.  If that doesn't work, I'll probably be a 0351 just so I can blow stuff up and hopefully do a lat transfer into EOD asap.

Ooh-Rah devil dog!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top