Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2004 4:01:35 PM EDT
when you joined and served? i hear,will this and that get me there or should i just go here? OK PEOPLE, YOU ARE EITHER MILITARY PERSONAL OR NOT! FORGET MONEY FOR SCHOOL AND JOHN KERRY. IF YOU JOIN,YES, YOU CAN OR COULD DIE. YES, YOU MAY SEE COMBAT. PLAN ON IT!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you sign up for the military (including reserves and NG) you better be ready to actually serve your country when it calls thats part of the deal.

ETA: In UT there are many ARNG guys called up (I think more activated than any other state by%) and many complain about the cut in pay, paying bills with their active-duty pay, etc. They should have planned for such occurances and take advantage of the ability of the government to pay their secured debt interest. My bank informed me of this in the event I was deployed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you sign up for the military (including reserves and NG) you better be ready to actually serve your country when it calls thats part of the deal.

+1
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
non-military, but a son of a active duty Air Force Msgt.  +1
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember during Desert Shield their was a guy in the USMC (notice, I didn't call him a Marine! ) who was trying to get out as a conscientious objector.  

He said he joined for the educational benefits.  He said he didn't think he'd have to actually kill someone!

I say baloney!  I can't believe anyone in the Corps would be surprised that their primary purpose is killing people and breaking things.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
That goes for all services.  The USAF and ANG guys are being "T" coded (tactical control) to the Army to fill shortages.  Iraq is full of "combat airmen", mostly engineers and transportation (convoys).  I know they didn't expect this when they joined the USAF.  But, they do the job and are proud of it.  The only thing that pisses the airmen off is no gameboys in the rec tents:)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA: In UT there are many ARNG guys called up (I think more activated than any other state by%) and many complain about the cut in pay, paying bills with their active-duty pay, etc. They should have planned for such occurances and take advantage of the ability of the government to pay their secured debt interest. My bank informed me of this in the event I was deployed.

I thought your employer had to pay you the difference between your mil pay and civy pay? Your family "can't" be evicted and the bank "can't" foreclose on your home.  Notice the quotations, that's the way it should be. Lower interest rates for loans and credit cards.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought your employer had to pay you the difference between your mil pay and civy pay? Your family "can't" be evicted and the bank "can't" foreclose on your home.  Notice the quotations, that's the way it should be. Lower interest rates for loans and credit cards.

here's a link to the "Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act of 1940"
click
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top