Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 9:21:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
One of our member Toyous is going for a 3rd time. He's a machine gunner. Do a search, he has some really good recommendations.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You sure that user name is correct?  A 3-month search found no topics for him.

Sorry about that, got the name wrong, his correct name is Toyous1.
Here is his comments:
Sand box part three

Also found something else that may interest you:
2nd hand report from the Sandbox

Tell your friend that ALL of us on this board is praying for his safe return.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:57:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
He should get issued a camelback, and quickclot. Some good sunglasses, and goggles would probably be good. The issued boots worked fine for me over there, the underarmor shirts may be a good idea. A running supply of socks helps. We had tons of socks donated, and I would throw them away when they got too filthy to wear.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I am staged a stones throw from the iraq boarder in kuwiat and will be movin north shortly. I am issued both the rifle and pistoland it appears from the marines here they do the same. I was a pistol only guy then was asked- want a rifle too? absolutely! a good tactical sling for the rifle is great to have if you don't get a rifle a buddy will need it. My army unit went thru RFI- rapid fielding initiative and got more gear than we can use as far as personal clothing and gear. the short fall right now is weapon cleaning gear-an otis kit and or boresnake is great to have, we were issued blackhawk drop leg holsters in addition to the issue belt holster-a shoulder rig for walking around camp might be handy too. the newer (produced 5/04 per packgae) check mate industries magazines are much better than the older versions but still not as good as beretta. when he gets to this region he may may want to ask if he can get a rifle as well some units have spares they are willing to issue out.
we were issued 4 different pair goggles and sunglasses that are ok- it may be nice to find some sort of hardcase to carry themthat can attach toweb gear/body armorso they do not get smashed.
camelbaks and 5(right five) pairs of boots were issued. as someone else said our packing carrying space is very limited and while we are mechanized now there are plenty of situations where we have to carry all our stuff upto a mile to tents etc. from drop off points. you may want to put a care package together and send it seperate so he has less to carry
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread could help a lot

Lessons Learned- Op Iraqi Freedom  

It contains a downloadable file which gives:

an After Action Report on weapons, gear, etc. from soldiers involved in Operation Iraqi Freedom

Yes it is a Dupe, but many new site surfers/members may not have seen it yet- and its intended for them. (so save the Dupe references)

I believe it to be as informative for enthusiasts as it is for the fighters it is written for

Particularly interesting are the comments on the M4, Barrret .50, and various optics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top