Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 10:00:49 AM EDT
to be worn on the left shoulder, beneath Special Forces and Ranger tabs. Retroactive to 1985 IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh GHOD!

The 12B's I'm hangin' out with these days'll go nuts lol

Sappers (Actual graduates of the school) are fairly few and far between (In this battalion) but it's great they might be able to wear a tab.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#4]
It's about timehen Just glad to see they are pulling their heads outof their a$$ and finally recognizing graduates.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
What exactly is a "Sapper"? I would assume an elite combat engineer of some sort?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahhh...thank ya.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It will be authorized to wear once records are updated... the school here at FLW is in the proccess of compiling graduate lists, scrubbing for any retired or no longer in, and cutting orders for the rest. Once your  orders are cut, you can wear the tab.

Total # of gradutes since 1985 is under 10,000 IIRC correctly. The only rarer tab to see someone wearing will be a presidents 100.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It will be authorized to wear once records are updated... the school here at FLW is in the proccess of compiling graduate lists, scrubbing for any retired or no longer in, and cutting orders for the rest. Once your  orders are cut, you can wear the tab.

Total # of gradutes since 1985 is under 10,000 IIRC correctly. The only rarer tab to see someone wearing will be a presidents 100.

Isn't that exclusively for National Guard troops?

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that exclusively for National Guard troops?

Nope, any qualified soldier.

Interestingly enough, it is the only award a new private can enlist and already be qualified to wear if he qualified in the match.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
As it looks more and more like I'm going to end up with a NG commission due to a variety of reasons, what are the chances of a guard engineer PL getting into this school.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As it looks more and more like I'm going to end up with a NG commission due to a variety of reasons, what are the chances of a guard engineer PL getting into this school.  

If your an 21 series officer in an engineer unit, especially a light or mech unit, they should get slots. My USAR unit (Combat Engineer, Corps, Light) gets a few slots per company most years.

If your not an engineer, not gonna happen. The only rare exceptions are for support personnel such as medics who are in engineer units, and then it requires the school to approve a waiver.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a 21B.  My platoon leader is a Sapper.  We are a Reserve unit, but he said it would still be possible for me to get a slot if I bug people a lot.  When I get back from Iraq, I am planning on going Sapper, and eventually Ranger.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I graduated Sapper School in Aug '86, the firsty "Airborne" Company to go through it ( B 27 EN), Been retired since '93...when we went through it was called Sapper Leader Course and only CPL's and above 12B to the company went...WITH Attached Medics from HHC...we also snuck a few Maint guys in to use all the slots...we all lost weight, but learned a hell of a lot...I think the lads that graduate the course certainly deserve it, as having been a Combat Engineer for 20 yrs and following the Grunts around a lot (but never farther back that about 100 yards and a lot of times out with the Scouts) its good to see some recognition...its an earned Tab for sure...hug.gif
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's been updated! It's now authorized for wear on the uniform!
www.wood.army.mil/sapper/SapperPage_files/SapperLeaderCourse.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top