Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 9:50:11 AM EDT
What type of slings have you guys used and liked? I'm looking for ideas. I'm not jumping out of planes or anything. Most likely I'll carry the M-16, maybe M-4 or a short barreled Mossberg 590. I'll wear an Interceptor vest and Camelbak. So far I've used the Wolf Hook, BlackHawk 3 pt, several of my own, GI and some others I can't remember. Let me know what's worked for you or have seen. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
That's all new stuff to me.  We used 550 cord to rig a sling adapter with the old style $1.50 issue slings.  It worked great back then - it does the same job as those high speed things you're talking about.

Never forget, necessity is the mother of invention.  

Good luck finding what you seek.  Have you checked out the AR15 forums? Or were you looking for feedback from those who've used them in real world action?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, not just on the range but real world. One of my own slings is just a simple piece of tubular webbing using triglides to adjust and another piece to tie it to the stock and forearm on the side. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
CQB Solutions (Now going by Specter I beleive) is all you need to know.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Daniel Defense single point sling plate for the rear of a 3-point sling, the front is the standard side-facing sling point under the front sight post.  

I used to use a GGG Sling Thing, but had to slightly adjust the length of my sling whenever collapsing or extending my stock.  The rear sling guide moved to the front of the telestock solved the problem nicely.

By the way, trim your sling so your vert grip doesn't rest evenly with your nuts when you let the weapon hang.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I tend to watch out for nut crackers. Thanks on the Daniel Defense and CQB. I already have a plate and use a single pt sling on my m4gery. If I get deployed again I'm taking the upper and stock with me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I ran across this url on how to wrap your furniture with paracord, and it got me thinking....  If one were to start with a free loop of paracord at the front of the handguard before you start winding, it might make a nifty sling mount point... position it wherever you want: top, bottom, side... seems one could use that to permit shooting with the sling taught and minimizing barrel tension.  Yes?  No?  I'm insane?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I used paracord tied to the front sight housing and the buttstock. Mostly I wrapped it around the buttstock and didn't use it at all....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually sew together a single with a fastek in the middle
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Carl, that's what's on my m4, with 3/8" bungee sewn inside the tubular webbing and the webbing bunched up a little for stretch. Great with my phantom f/s if I need to hit someone in the sternum. I've only had to do it once in training with a 12 ga, works great.

plarkinjr, I'll try it but I'm not sure about the para cord rap, the m4 handguard are big enough as is. Would the heat be an issue? Maybe a few inches in front?

good ideas, keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I use a Spec-Ops brand "Mamba" sling. Love the hell hell out of it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I just use the old Top Sling Adapter kit I had while I was still on Active Duty. Always worked fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I forgot to add: we use the same stuff here M4s, Mossbergs....  For your Mossy, we went out and got a some burnsed adapters and pistol grips and topped the package off with Dan Defense Simple Slings.  

That was a pretty recent change for us, we have one shotgun per squad and it has to get passed around a lot, so we keep a Sidesaddle on it (keeps extra ammo with the gun).  The guys carry extra ammo with them on elastic loops on their IBA and whenever you see it getting empty or have to pass it forward, make sure the Saddle is topped-off.  $0.02
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
"burnsed" adapters? what's that?
I have my 870 set up w/ a sidesaddle and a 10 rnd Blackhawk pouch strapped to the right side of the stock. I use a sling adapter used for a side mount sling to mount it. No matter what happens I've got 23 rnds. Kinda like the mag pouch for AR's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#14]
If anyone has a link to how to properly install a GI sling to an M4, could they please post it?  I cannot seem to find the official Army way anywhere.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#15]
A burnsed adapter is a sling loop/mount that is mounted between the stock (or pistol grip in my case) and the receiver.  It's simply a piece of metal that makes a small, flat "loop" that you can run a single point sling through.  

We use Dan Defense Simple Slings and home made copycats at work here.  

You can simply use a sling swivel too, there are QD sling studs out there at gun stores everywhere.  We try to use as many single point sling adapters as possible as they are a lot more durable and aren't gonna get stolen/ borrowed as easily as QD swivels (which some people think make a nifty key chain).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, yeah, got one already.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I figure I spend alot of my time here so I might as well.

Bastards, your all bastards. I was happy with my AK and Mini 14 until I met you guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top