Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2002 9:13:44 PM EDT
I go over 20years in two weeks,,,,I have been all over the place.  I have done guard and active ad activated guard.  About a dozen countries, two wars and all sorts of interesting stuff.  Idiots pay thousands to go to adventure camp,,,I get paid to have adventures.  Granted some are a lot lamer than ohers,, but that are all interesting.

What do you think or your adventure so far?????
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan on enlisting in the military to have adventures like the ones you are talking about. But more so to serve my country. I just wish there was a way guys like me could show our appreciation to Veterans that have served our country. I wish more today would show their respect to these men. We just got back from our Veterans Day assembly and these men still seem like some of the greatest men of our time. We had a WWII POW speak and he told of us of his experiences over there it just gave me chills down my spine hearing of this, and the lack of respect some of these men are given, especially Vietnam and Korean Veterans! Huh Korea? We were in Korea? [rolleyes] [usa]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea 8 more yrs, and ill be sittin on my back porch, shooting my M4 telling Afgan stories!!
            FREE
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea 8 more yrs, and ill be sittin on my back porch, shooting my M4 telling Afgan stories!!
            FREE
View Quote

Stay away from Rope jumps bro, I was saying almost the same thing a couple years ago.  I loved my 12 years all except for one jump!!!!

Before I went in I paid good money to jump out of planes and travel in Latin America, the govt subsidized plan worked out much better :-)
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Lonegunman, That's great! We my have chewed some of the same dirt, I don't count Panama and Grenada as wars, but we did loose some fine men in them. I played from 71-91, my hat is off to you for sticking it out.

We were just there and did what we had to, the real hero's came home in box, and it hurt us as much as their families because they were family to us.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]
well hopefully, i'll be ok for the next 7 yrs or so, yea I hater static line jumps, but I love being in the 82nd ABN, we jump out of C-17's now, and we are getting a new chute next year, so maybe i'll be ok.
        Take care, FREE

Quoted:
Quoted:
            FREE
View Quote

Stay away from Rope jumps bro, I was saying almost the same thing a couple years ago.  I loved my 12 years all except for one jump!!!!

Before I went in I paid good money to jump out of planes and travel in Latin America, the govt subsidized plan worked out much better :-)
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wait until you're a fire team leader...
the hardest job in the infantry.  also the best job.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on hitting the 20 year point!  Its a great feeling to be more in control of your destiny.  When its your time to retire, you will just know it.  Those who went before me told me that and sure enough, at 24 1/2 years I retired, it was time to come home to family who needed me more than the Air Force did.  I loved the Air Force, but don't regret retiring when I did...it was time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top