Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2002 7:44:46 AM EDT
I am in the Air Force, I did the Combat Comm. bit for years,,hanging with the Army.  I am on a regional military shooting team and happen to be pretty good.
I have to agree with the Rambo post, I have met a gaggle of Rangers and Special Forces liars , frigging SEALS from K-mart and all sorts of astounding shots.
I call bullshit and dare them to wear that store bought Ranger tab or gold trident in public,even had one talk the talk ON Ft. Lewis.  He almost fell down and busted his head,,a lot. I have never been outshot by a bullshitter,,,,EVER. I have taken several to task and to the range to back up the talk.

Where the hell do these people come from??? and why the hell does it seem like a good idea to lie about something like this,,,friggin cowards.

Oddly enough,,my only "special ops" accomplishment was beating an unmentionable west coast SEAL team at a long range rifle match.  Our old reservist team lulled them into a false sense of security,,,,then showed them why old,fat NCO's do have to run away. hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do they come from?  Don't know, don't care.

Why do they do it?  Well, fewer and fewer folks these days have military experience, and even those that do usually have a very limited working knowledge of their trade.

As a result, thier odds of pulling off a scam are pretty good.

With all the books out there today, it's fairly easy for a poser to load up on some info and then invent a super-secret agent background for themselves.  

Most of the time they figuratively shoot themselves in the foot by going from poser to Gunkid, at which point anyone familiar with the military or firearms will start having doubts.

Just keep looking and calling their bluffs.  Also report them to one of the websites on the other thread.

BTW - USAF combat controller?  Is that like a ROMAD, Air to Mud type work?  I knew some of those guys when I was in Germany in the late 1908's.  Great bunch.

Good hunting on the posers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Just remember, there are three types of people in this world:  Those who do, those who don't and those who talk about it.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW - USAF combat controller?  Is that like a ROMAD, Air to Mud type work?  I knew some of those guys when I was in Germany in the late 1908's.  Great bunch.

Good hunting on the posers.
View Quote

Actually the AFCC is a lot more of an air traffic controller along with the other sky to mud stuff, in support of AF usually, Sometimes other units, TACP are Tactical air liasons to the Army cause evidently they can't use the radio as well : ) really the Posers abound indeed I recently got a resume across my desk at my current job from a fellow who claimed to be in the same unit I was at the Same time I was there! I never heard of the Bastage. Claimed to be on some Ops I had been on as well as MI and being employed by several (Civilian) companies at the same time, when I interviewed him I asked about some of the stuff and he kept claiming it was classified and would not produce a DD214 claiming he couldn't under penalty of law....well I guess he was right after all : )Well as far as I know he is still unemployed......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top