Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 6:17:09 PM EDT
To all active duty service members who will be getting out: DO YOUR VA PHYSICAL AND THE PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU GET OUT!!!!!

I did mine in Jan, and after a total of 90 days of extensions, finally got out of the USMC on June 22, after 11 years of service. My VA rep got her copy of my DD-214 on the following Thursday, the 27th of June, and by July 3, I had my disability determination from the VA (40% for both Knees and my hearing loss).
The moral of the story is GET IT DONE ON AD!!!!
They quote a timeframe of 30-90 days, but it can be done quicker. If you wait until you get out, it can possibly take up to a YEAR.

Can a mod please tack this for the service members??
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Same story with me:

Did ALL my paperwork/exams prior to leaving the Navy.

I had my percentage calculated within 4 months of getting out.

NOTE: They won't tell you your percentage until you are officially out!!! Even then, I had to wait 4 months!!!

Tell all the active duty folks you know!!! This is such a great thing the VA does, it will spread by word-of-mouth like wildfire!!!

mug
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top