Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2011 5:18:55 AM EDT
I went to MEPS in July.  I've been waiting on a waiver since then. It's a state waiver for the 6 traffic tickets I have. One to many.  I talk with the recruiter alot. He's a nice guy. He called the waiver guys yesterday and they said they are slow. Well thanks for the update! I mean slow is not exactly how I would put it. How about dead fucking stop!  The Unit is leaving in March for AFG. I was trying to get on before they left. I may have posted this before, I'm just really disappointed about it. Being prior service I thought it would be easy once I went through MEPS.

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't you go through one of those driving safety classes to get tickets dropped?
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I went to MEPS in July. I've been waiting on a waiver since then. It's a state waiver for the 6 traffic tickets I have. One to many. I talk with the recruiter alot. He's a nice guy. He called the waiver guys yesterday and they said they are slow. Well thanks for the update! I mean slow is not exactly how I would put it. How about dead fucking stop! The Unit is leaving in March for AFG. I was trying to get on before they left. I may have posted this before, I'm just really disappointed about it. Being prior service I thought it would be easy once I went through MEPS.

Well approving/disapproving waivers is not priority one.

Waivers are approved by the State AG. Being prior service you know this.

Now from a previous recruiting aspect. There is nothing stopping you from stopping by the AG Office with 2 large Pizzas and say just wanted to see where in the process my waiver is. explain to the clerk what you mentioned above about wanting to deploy.

It might just get shuffled to the top.

I have seen it many times. Like everything else, sometimes you just have to take care of yourself.

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I went to MEPS in July. I've been waiting on a waiver since then. It's a state waiver for the 6 traffic tickets I have. One to many. I talk with the recruiter alot. He's a nice guy. He called the waiver guys yesterday and they said they are slow. Well thanks for the update! I mean slow is not exactly how I would put it. How about dead fucking stop! The Unit is leaving in March for AFG. I was trying to get on before they left. I may have posted this before, I'm just really disappointed about it. Being prior service I thought it would be easy once I went through MEPS.

Well approving/disapproving waivers is not priority one.
Waivers are approved by the State AG. Being prior service you know this.

Now from a previous recruiting aspect. There is nothing stopping you from stopping by the AG Office with 2 large Pizzas and say just wanted to see where in the process my waiver is. explain to the clerk what you mentioned above about wanting to deploy.
It might just get shuffled to the top.

I have seen it many times. Like everything else, sometimes you just have to take care of yourself.

I wouldn't know who to give the pizza's too. lol  The little Waiver bean counter guys in Oklahoma City? My recruiter is doing what he can.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP
SNIP
I wouldn't know who to give the pizza's too. lol The little Waiver bean counter guys in Oklahoma City? My recruiter is doing what he can.
The AG Office at State Guard HQ usually has a Full Time Staff (AGR).

Since you are not in the system yet, you can simply go to the office and "Do the leg work" yourself, and it can not be considered jumping the "Chain of Command".

I am not going to say that your Recruiter isn't helping you, but as a former Recruiter, I honestly did not exert to much effort on waivers, as I was trying to find Qualified Applicants and put them "on the floor" as quickly as possible.

Concentrated my effort on people who could join then, not 6-12 months later.

By, stopping at the AG Office, you also might be in luck and actually get to speak with the AG, and "Validate why you would be an asset to the unit, and approval of waiver would be the best thing for all parties involved".

Good luck, and Remember Contacts, Contacts, Contacts. You have played the game before as PS and "It is about who you know".
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that's weird. When I enlisted into active duty I had my licence suspended a year prior for too many points and didn't need a waiver.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
When did you get your last ticket?
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When did you get your last ticket?

All but one of them are from 2003 or older. The last one was 2008.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Being NG, another thing may be  strength management goals are met/exceeded.  Something else to consider, is that now that teh "war is over", people who steered clear before may be joining.  People wiht no waivers needed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The State HQ people are usually nice. Drop by there, I have been there a few times. I should only have to go back one more time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The State HQ people are usually nice. Drop by there, I have been there a few times. I should only have to go back one more time.

I'm east of Tulsa and it's in OKC. I wonder If I could call?
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#11]
It took me a couple months and that was without needing a waiver.   Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Update: I called the ANG HQ today. The guy was cool. He had the waiver guy call me. He took my name and social and said he would get back with me. This was about lunch. Around 3pm my recruiter calls me. He hasn't called me in months. Well he goes into this story about how he's been sick and he's fixing to get transfered yada yada. So he's turning me over to another recruiter. Well the other recruiter called me. He sounds alot more motivated. He said the waiver guys never even got my stuff. Sad the old recruiter was lying to me the whole time. He said he's gonna get it done as fast as he can and not to worry.

So one phone call made all the difference. I'm glad i called. Thanks for the advice. I would'nt have called otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Nobody cares about your career but you (no matter what they say)

and

The squeaky wheel gets the grease
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nobody cares about your career but you (no matter what they say)

and

The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Boy you got that right. I just trusted the first recruiter since I was talkin to him alot. He did'nt seem like that type. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad it worked.

Stay on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#16]

I sat down with my new recruiter today.  All the 11b slots are closed. Basically I'm screwed if I want to go on the deployment. I would have to enlist in a different MOS. I would have to hope an 11b slot opens up and I got it.  Fuckin sucks. My first recruiter sat there for six months doing nothing, so I get screwed.  I'm fuckin pissed. Just pure laziness on the first recruiters part.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
It's the guard way from my experience. Most AGR guys do just enough to keep their jobs. Was always told everyone need to step up and do the job above then but higher could never be bothered to do but the bare minimum of what they needed to do. Hey just my two cents. I'm just  saying.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#18]
11b's in the guard and reserves aren't exactly special forces if ya know what I mean. I was active 11b and went to the guard and words can't describe how fucked up they were, it was like soup sandwich. You may want to consider a different MOS if they will slot you for one IMO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Well I got an 11b spot. They squeezed me in.  Got my waiver paperwork done today.  He's gonna send it in tomorrow. Could be sworn in next week. So it looks like I got what I wanted so far if everything goes smooth. I should be able to go on deployment with the unit.  I'll be in Delta company which is heavy weapons I guess. I'm glad it's working out so far.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
11b's in the guard and reserves aren't exactly special forces if ya know what I mean. I was active 11b and went to the guard and words can't describe how fucked up they were, it was like soup sandwich. You may want to consider a different MOS if they will slot you for one IMO.

Probably because you were in a shit unit. It's not the same in every unit, BN or Brigade, active or guard.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well I got an 11b spot. They squeezed me in.  Got my waiver paperwork done today.  He's gonna send it in tomorrow. Could be sworn in next week. So it looks like I got what I wanted so far if everything goes smooth. I should be able to go on deployment with the unit.  I'll be in Delta company which is heavy weapons I guess. I'm glad it's working out so far.

Good stuff.  Any idea where you're headed?  IM if you want.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good stuff.  Any idea where you're headed?  IM if you want.

Camp shelby in March for 2 months then AFG after that. I hav'nt heard anything on what part of the country. I've been looking on google trynig to see who they will replace, but no luck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I got an 11b spot. They squeezed me in. Got my waiver paperwork done today. He's gonna send it in tomorrow. Could be sworn in next week. So it looks like I got what I wanted so far if everything goes smooth. I should be able to go on deployment with the unit. I'll be in Delta company which is heavy weapons I guess. I'm glad it's working out so far.

Good stuff. Any idea where you're headed? IM if you want.

Camp shelby in March for 2 months then AFG after that. I hav'nt heard anything on what part of the country. I've been looking on google trynig to see who they will replace, but no luck.
Skeeter Repellant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top