Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 7:08:38 PM EDT
How many of y'all were stationed at Ft. Lewis?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
From the Friday after Thanksgiving, 1974 until June 1977.  I was assigned to Co. B, 15th Engineers on North Fort.  Don't miss those barracks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
From the Friday after Thanksgiving, 1974 until June 1977.  I was assigned to Co. B, 15th Engineers on North Fort.  Don't miss those barracks!
View Quote

Good because most of them are gone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The old North Fort barracks are still used for ROTC Advanced Camp from what I understand.  They also have the new apartment style barracks on North Fort.  All the units were fighting over who would get to move in there, so no one was living in them while I was there.  Our company did take the new furniture though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
That sure does look like the old barracks at Ft. Lewis . . . of course it also looks like the old barracks at Ft. Leonard Wood, Ft. Sam Houston, Ft. Irwin, Ft. Benning . . .
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
A co. 2/75 RNGR Regt.....'85-'88

Climbed Ranier in '87, can still remember walking into a giant pine needle (4 foot tall) pile that was really an ant nest at 0200 in the Ranier training area. Wheeeeee!

Currently stationed at FT Benning.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So YOUR unit was the reason I had to give all those damn briefings about the ant beds.  It's only the second time I've found the "root" of one of my briefings :).  While I was at Lewis, 2/75 stayed behind a fence except for PT, but they did get nicer barracks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Epraslick do you remember a Andrew Tillis while in the Ranger Battalion? He is a friend of mine that was there during part of that period. I do not remember what company he was in.

Epraslick what happened to SandHill at Benning? I did basic there in 87 and it was in good shape back then. I drove through there a couple of years ago and it looked over grown and in disrepair.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Matt,

You know, I think I do remember a Tillis in A company. Did he play guitar? The Tillis(?) I remember played guitar and was in 3rd Plt-"Earth Pigs".

Are you still in contact with him?
Ask him if he remembers Praslick in Weapons Sqd. (M60 gunner).

Are you thinking of Harmony Church? That's where I went to Basic, but they tore down those WW2 barracks in the early 90's.

PS. I'm currently assigned to the Army Shooting Team (USAMU) at Benning as a rifle shooter. Best job I've ever had...paid to shoot competively.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Epraslick,
 I don't think he played the guitar, but will find out. One of his favorite stories is when some guys in his unit took one of the rafts the Rangers use and went down a river to do some white water rafting down a river in Washington State somewhere.

I did basic at SandHill in 87 and ended up in the 101st Bravo Co. 2/327. I was also a M60 gunner.

I live in Atlanta now and I have thought about joining a shooting club on Fort Benning. Up here in Atlanta I only have access to a hundred yard range. I believe the range in Benning has at least a 300 meter range.

I tell this is a great site. I was reunited with one of my best friends, fellow M60 gunner, and roommate from Ft. Campbell here on AR15 after almost 10 years of losing contact.

Andrew Tillis is about 5'10", Dark hair, pretty stocky, and a big set of teeth. His favorite drink is Jim Beam. I have not talked to him in about 18 months, but I will get in touch with him.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top