Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 5:14:47 PM EDT
I've been following the thread about the FBI agents who shot that guy in Maryland.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=101020[/url]
The FBI seems to think it was a clean shoot.

That got me thinking about the lack of accountability in civilian life. It seems there's an excuse for everything.

Where I was stationed there was no such thing as an accidental discharge. They were either intentional and on target or they were negligent and punishable. I hate to think what would happen to a GI who hit someone with a stray round.

How were ND's handled when/where you served?
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
On any range I've ever been on, if you fire when the range is not hot, you're at the least kicked off the range.  The negligent shooter usually also faced NJP.  If they were really stupid, I suppose a Court Martial would be possible.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When I was qualifying on the Sterling sub gun one of the privates had a jam. Instead of keeping the weapon pointed down range and raising his hand he raised his hand and turned around. The sub gun let go with the final 3 or 4 rounds walking them towards the range officer.
The RO calmly walked up to the private said "private give me the weapon". The grunt handed it to him. The officer passed it to one of the range safety NCO's then laid one of the best haymakers I've ever seen on the private. Laid him out cold. He then ordered the NCO's to "get that piece off sh*t of my range". For all I know he could still be in jail.
View Quote

I was a 19E/K and had to qualify with the M3 ('Grease gun'). One guy had a runaway and dropped it. It pinwheeled the last ten or fifteen rounds and fell silent.

By the time we stopped dancing the poor guy had brown rounds on four sides screaming and pounding. The only reason he stayed on his feet was the wall of NCO's surrounding him.

The medics finally broke through and hauled him off to the infirmary (mainly to get him away form there). We stood at attention for about an hour while they took turns bitching at us about proper weapon control and immediate action procedures.

We never saw him again. The Drill Sergeants told us he was locked up but word through back channels was they sent him home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top