Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2010 11:18:14 AM EDT
When you complete a course and your grade is emailed to your ako does its automatically go into your IPERMS or do you still need to give a copy to your Training Nco?  Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Army is as assbackwards as the Navy tended to be I would forward a COPY of the paperwork just to be safe.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you still have to turn it in, I just looked around on ako and couldn't find any information to the contrary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I assume you are trying to get promotion point credit? If so you will need to print a history page of your completed courses and take them to the S1. They will count it all up and update your points.

If it is a pre-req for resident training (ex Phase I of ANCOC) your training NCO is the one to see.

ETA When I saw iPerms in your question i assumed you wanted it on your promotion points. If this was one of the courses that gives a certificate, you will need to take it to S1. They will scan it and send it to your record. You can submit it yourself but you have to mail it and it takes a while. S1 can scan it and send it directly to them.

If you got a certificate you should be able to add it to your AARTS transcripts too. That should update automatically but it is a slow process. The AARTS website can give you more info.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks airborne you hit the nail on the head!  Thanks for all the info, yes I am taking them for promotion points.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Even after you turn in copies, keep an eye on your 4100.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm... where would I find my history? I had taken quite a few correspondence courses back in the day, but now I have a break in service. Nothing was online before, AKO was simply email, and I took the paper tests and mailed them in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmmmm... where would I find my history? I had taken quite a few correspondence courses back in the day, but now I have a break in service. Nothing was online before, AKO was simply email, and I took the paper tests and mailed them in.

Try here: https://atiam.train.army.mil login then click My Courses tab and then My Historical Enrollments. If it isn't there it probably wasn't kept after your break in service.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try here: https://atiam.train.army.mil login then click My Courses tab and then My Historical Enrollments. If it isn't there it probably wasn't kept after your break in service.

Excellent! Thank you. All my old courses were in there.

ETA - Guys if you want some quick and easy promotion points, knock out the following courses. They are elementary-level math courses designed to help strengthen basic math skills, but they are open to all soldiers. They are all open-book, so if you need to refer to some charts or conversion tables you can have both windows open on your computer. I knocked all 4 tests out in about 2 hours (with ink pen and scratch paper), earning 11 credit hours.

QM0113 Basic Mathematics I (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide)
QM0114 Basic Mathematics II (Decimals and Fractions)
QM0115 Basic Mathematics III (Area and Volume)
QM0116 Basic Mathematics IV (Ratio and Proportion)

These are promotion points just waiting to be taken... this is the kinda stuff that will bump you over the next guy who has you by TIG/TIS. In the Guard, you can get 75 promotion points simply for correspondence courses, and it's a separate category from college courses. So if you don't do some, you're just giving 75 points away.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Plus, you can do your own MOS, kind of a refresher for you, plus promotion points.  Lots of other neat classes to take for fun as well.  I'm also under the impression that although 375 credits will get you the full 75 points, additional credits reflect upon your retirement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought the max was 200 points or 999 credit hours?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought the max was 200 points or 999 credit hours?

It may be for active duty. I was quoting off of National Guard promotion point scale, which offers 75pts max for correspondence courses.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank pevrs, I was unaware of that I am in the guard so thats good to know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry dude, seen teh MN, and teh red bull, figured you were NG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top