Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 10:32:53 PM EDT
I know we all do the gun thing during movies, but who else that saw Evolution thought that they should have used foam in the end instead of filling the engine with shampoo?  Have I taken another step away from normalcy?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
OMIGOD, IF YOU THINK that'S BAD, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON "BACKDRAFT"   hey guys, let's go inside of an obviously abandoned warehouse and fight it from the inside.    HELLO, surround and drown is used for a reason.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't seen Backdraft since I started lase year, but I'm going to try to find it for this weekend.  We have a practice burn and I'm inviting everyone over for chili and some kind of beverage.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Well foam is a form of soap.So i  would use it in a pinch,but if you have a way to flow foam then you should have foam.

Now on BACKDRAFT,this is my all time favorite.Go running into a fully involved room to save a child with your jacket open,ax in hand,no air pack,no hood,and the most important no hose. MY HERO

If one of my guys did that they would be fired on the spot!!

"ENG 5 on location 1 single family dwelling.....totaly involved"God i love my job.[}:d]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey XL1200s who you work for in IL? Are you CFD or a Suburb around Chicago. I was a FF/Medic Long time ago in Chicago and also worked for Suburban Fire out there. Send me e-mail and yea I guess SOP is out the window in DEAD-DRAFT. You are the third person who mentioned Evolution but didn't see it yet. Be careful out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top