Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2002 12:19:25 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a good set af training guns, mostly Glock 17/22 size. I have tried the ASP guns and they're ok, but seem to be really tight in a dual ret. holster and hard to draw. There is also another one I've tried that seemed to have a good fit and I think the brand was "COINS"? Anybody know if this company has a website? Are there any other brands out there. I only need non-functioning, plastic training guns, mostly for DT instruction and training.

Thanks a bunch for any info,

Jester
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Bryson’s Plastics also makes plastic training guns – see [url]www.propguns.com/[/url].

Brownells sells them.  If you order through them, don’t forget to ask for the police discount.

I’ve never used these guns, so I don’t know how well they work.  

I’ve had terrible problems with ASP red guns getting stuck in holsters (kinda messes up your handgun retention training when NOBODY can get the gun out of the holster!).  The problem seems to be that ASP doesn’t always close the mold fully when making them, so some guns come out too wide.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
bianchi makes a blue version of the asp redgun, my dept used these as glock 22 and 23s with NO problems. we got them from a company called Shomer-tec out of washington state.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot you guys for the info! I think I'm going to try one of the Bryson's prop guns and if the fit is good, order more.

jester
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up two blue guns from Ring's Manufacturing.  These "weapons" are made to the exact dimensions of their real brothers and fit all holsters.  Their web site is [/url] www.blueguns.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top