Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 11:09:40 AM EDT
I was promoted to Lieutenant today. My new assignment? Vehicle fleet manager. I now have an office right down the hall from the Chief, a take home car and I work in street clothes. No more crime fighting for me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats there LT!  Yup no crime fighting, just have to worry about the budget, purchasing new cars, repairing old cars, collisions, equiping new cars, loaner/replacement cars, Watta' ya' mean our old equipment don't fit the new cars we already got in?, (2:00AM phone call) - Hey LT! Jones just cracked up his and four other cruisers in a pursuit, Midnight shift needs some cars.

Who'd you pi$$ off? [:p]

Mud
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It came with a 15% raise. I sort of inherited it as the junior Lt. The Lt. I replaced was reassigned to run our Vice/intelligence unit. I secretly like this new job. If I act too happy however, someone more senior may bump me so I stay out of sight and out of mind. As long as I keep things running smooth nobody gives it a second thought. Most of the other Lt's are very senior and have the jobs they want or(a few) are too lazy to take a job that requires some effort.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
"Certified Desk Weenie"

[img]http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/the_characters/images/icon_dogbert.gif[/img]
Just remember what Dogbert says:

Leadership is nature's way of removing morons from the productive flow of society.

Congrats,,,,

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top