Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 7:08:48 PM EDT
Suppose for a moment that via some unfathomable trickery a bill to outlaw all possession of firearms by civilians got passed into law, and then you were given the order to go door to door and start rounding up the weapons of the citizenry.

Would you obey that order and do it?    If so, would you fear for your life?  

How would you react?

This question applies to those in the military, including guardsmen and reservists, in addition to LEO's.

CJ
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, would I obey that order?  Let me think for a nanosecond- FUCK NO!  They'd have to fire me, if it came to that.  That's the point when I'd find another career.  I took this job to help protect citizens' rights, not grossly violate them, as that order clearly would.

As far as fearing for my life if I was stupid enough to obey that order, hell yes I would!  There's way too many law-abiding folks out there with guns who would also draw the line in the same place.  After the first few search warrants were served, the rest of the people would make their decisions and there would be some really ugly gunfights.  Eventually, most departments would decide that it was too expensive in terms of negative public relations and just flat officers killed or injured.  I also think many departments would refuse to conduct house-to-house searches for guns.

That being said, I don't really think we'll ever see that day.  The anti-gunners know what would happen, that's why they've taken the route of gradually increasing restrictions while teaching our kids that guns are evil and there's NEVER an excuse to use violence, even in self-defense.  The social engineers may be evil, but they're not stupid.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, wouldn't do it either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It isn't going to happen in my lifetime.  In California, the chief of a major So. Cal city PD told his officers that if the DOJ attempted to confiscate unregistered AW's in their city after SB23 became law, they would not participate or assist in any way.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, let's just say I have a patrol area of say 144 sq miles, and I'm supposed to go door to door doing what????

Never mind I don't feel like even addressing the original issue anymore...........
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The right to keep and bear arms was not a right that was granted by England or any non-existant government here. This right was TAKEN by free men, and is perpetuated by a continual process of TAKING. It is unabridged. It was taken at gunpoint, and will continue to remain in effect as long as those who would aspire to lead this mob understand their politics have to sell here in downtown Phoenix.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you really have to ask?

"Here's my badge and my issued POS S&W 4006. Come to my house and get the rest."
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ditto.
I think around here you might end up with a chief or two left, but NO officers.  Or, more likely, everybody would just refuse, and we would continue with buisiness as usual, with a "don't ask, don't tell policy."
dp
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolutley.........NO!

That is why my father in law says, the UN will send troops here to do it.  Actually, he says they are already here.[;)]

I tried to tell him; think of the logistical problems associated with that thought.  The UN can't even rescue a small worthless nation much less run a major operation on the soil of the only World Power.  Who by the way, has more firearms per capita than any small nation.

What Japanese Admiral stated, that an invasion of the United States was a worthless cause, because "there would a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Actually he was wrong because for most of us, there would be several behind each blade of grass.  Actually I would need several blades to accompany my little collection! [:D]

All I got to say is, Come and get 'em!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If the replies I'm getting here are representative of the general attitude of law enforcement types in general, then I must say that I find it very encouraging.   Shall we star the revolution now, or wait until Thursday? [:D]

I've got to admit that I'd ALMOST like to see Feinstein, Schumer, and Boxer (and the other anti-gun dirtbags) succeed in getting an anti-gun bill passed and signed, just to see
how the fireworks go.  I think it'd be pretty one-sided with an apology being issued shortly thereafter by the few surviving anti-gun politicians who were in on it...and then to the gallows they go!

As for UN troops...I find that I shoot best when the target is baby blue!    I need a good picture of a baby blue UN helmet that can be copied and made into a good target for the range.

CJ
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#10]
cmjohnson,

From my experience, most officers are, in fact, pro-2nd Amendment.  

However, few would agree that calling for an armed revolution culminating in the murder of unfriendly politicians constitutes legitimate political expression.  That kind of talk does not belong here.  If you want to beat your chest and spout this nonsense, take it back to General Discussion.

Topic locked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top