Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 10:33:25 PM EDT
The old rumor is that if you ask a cop if he's a cop that he has to tell you. like if you were about to buy or sell drugs and asked the buyer or seller "Are you a cop" he has to tell you or it's entrapment. Is there any truth to this or is it bullshit?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
that is bullshit. trust me im a cop and have had many people ask me this question.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
BS, a cop can lie to you.

I heard of a case closed one time when a detective slapped a video tape down on the table during the interview.  The investigator told the suspect that the whole thing was on video.  the suspect then confessed.  The tape ended up being a video for the detective's kids (Barney I believe).  Totally legal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
 Nice NorCal.

I used to tell people if the officer wasn't wearing the right uniform or their name tag was missing, it was thrown out.  The sad thing is people believe you...  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It goes both ways........

I ask people almost everyday if they use, sell or possess drugs of any kind........and the answer is always ..no, despite finding dope on them and in their vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah thats BS. I think Manswers did a thing on that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]
This one is so engrained that people will argue with me over it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
It's only true if it involves a hooker and a goat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
It goes both ways........

I ask people almost everyday if they use, sell or possess drugs of any kind........and the answer is always ..no, despite finding dope on them and in their vehicles.

So, in those situations, the pants actually do belong to the shitbird?

ETA: It's not rue, raggy.

Rut roe..........

Zoinks  Scoob.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, it's true...and I do have to show you my radar...and let you hit me first...and I can't run radar when I'm blacked out...and if you refuse to sign the citation I can't do a damn thing about it  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I figured it was bullshit but you hear it so often and I figured this would be a good place to ask.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The old rumor is that if you ask a cop if he's a cop that he has to tell you. like if you were about to buy or sell drugs and asked the buyer or seller "Are you a cop" he has to tell you or it's entrapment. Is there any truth to this or is it bullshit?

This is a joke ? right.          
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I will share one of our lesser known secrets... if a highway patrol guy writes you a ticket an he is not wearing his cover (hat) the citation is no good.  

*Parody post, BTW.

I've seen those guys run and fight and the damn cover NEVER leaves their head....I swear I think they superglue them on or something.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
yep it is BS. But when I worked UC I used to throw that out to the dealers and prostitutes when I was working them. "You aint the police are you, you have to tell me if you are!" HAHAHAHA flip the scripe on them. LOL

J-
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I have bought nearly every illicit drug known to man, guns from gangbangers and even five pounds of C-4. My answer is always the same...only on weekends when the old lady wants to play dress up. This applied with a stupid face and proper body language has never resulted in a blown deal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will share one of our lesser known secrets... if a highway patrol guy writes you a ticket an he is not wearing his cover (hat) the citation is no good.  

Yep, I read it on the internet. Its true, its true!

*Parody post, BTW.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I have bought nearly every illicit drug known to man, guns from gangbangers and even five pounds of C-4. My answer is always the same...only on weekends when the old lady wants to play dress up. This applied with a stupid face and proper body language has never resulted in a blown deal.

Holy shit!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Could you elaborate any on the details of this, sounds like it might be an interesting story (MC gang)? I would imagine that buying C-4 undercover has a high pucker factor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top