Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 8:29:01 AM EDT
am curious as to what is the most common LE part-time job these days.  I'm looking for something to supplement the regular income for a certified peace officer.....

any input/ideas are appreciated....
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I work part time for another LE agency as well as serve in the NY Army National Guard. I also  do a  good number of transfers on the side with an FFL.

I think a lot of officers work part time with other agencies or serve in the Guard.

But really, about anything out there can serve as a part time money maker. It all depends on what your interests and abilities are.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of officers here work off duty security at a number of places . (ie malls,movie theaters, banks and such) We recently had a large trial going on and the security company I work for did the security for the plantiff at his hotel.
I also have an FFL and make decent money on that too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I work loss control for Dillards. Also let out traffic at Rheem , a local factory. When it's convenient I work security for private parties. That's in addition to the Navy Reserve and hanging steel on my days off. It sounds like a lot but I try to limit my off duty to about 10-15 hours a week. That way I have spending money and my wife still knows who I am.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Being a Reserve Deputy I can work just about any off duty I can find.  I work at a bank almost full time in the day and I will work some jobs at night. Sometimes it sucks  but the pay is great. I like private parties the best they usually give you food to eat, and they all pay in cash.  Right I am working at the bank at night because some guy had a heart attack when he driving down the road and he crashed into the bank.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top