Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 5:30:38 PM EDT
Well I officially began my career as a Police Officer this Sunday and it has been an interesting ride here from the very start.

One thing that surprised me on the firearm side was the fact that this agency issues G20's as their duty weapon. From most of my reading on the errornet this is pretty unusual. I had already purchased a G27 as a BUG, assuming they would be issuing a 40. I want to keep common mags/ammo for my BUG to my duty weapon, but I dont believe Glock makes a SC 10mm. Now the debate is on whether or not to try to carry the G29 as a BUG or stick with my ltitle G27 which is much easier to conceal.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry the G20 as my duty weapon with a G27 as a BUG.  I considered getting a G29 as a BUG when I transitioned to the G20, but the extra size vs. the G27 made it virtually impossible for me to conceal with my frame (I'm 6'4" 190lbs).  I don't have any complaints with the setup, and I'm not overly concerned with mag compatibility.  I previously carried the G27 as a BUG to a Sig P226.  If you are concerned with having an extra mag for your BUG, the G27 mags easily fit in a cargo pocket (assuming your pants are that style).  HTH
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
One thing for sure. You won't be outgunned with that G20 on your hip.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One thing for sure. You won't be outgunned with that G20 on your hip.

Very true.  15-rounds of 10mm is a whole lot of nasty but I am curious if they went 10mm for a reason.  For example too many bad guys wearing body armor that the 40S&W was just not handeling or was it the KABOOM factor that made them go 10mm?

I don't have a Glock 20 but I own a pair of Glock 21s and spare Glock 20 uppers and G20 mags as there are certainly situations where a good heavy 10mm load has it's advantages.  I would love to know the logic for G20s over say a G22.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Very true. 15-rounds of 10mm is a whole lot of nasty but I am curious if they went 10mm for a reason. For example too many bad guys wearing body armor that the 40S&W was just not handeling or was it the KABOOM factor that made them go 10mm?

From what I understand, they had some shootings with 40's where they just didnt feel they got enough performance out of them. The way it was described to me was much more colorful and non-PC than the way I just phrased it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top