Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 1:44:11 PM EDT
Thinking of going for the M&P? Does s&w give you a good discount like glock does? Anyone else made the switch?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking of going for the M&P? Does s&w give you a good discount like glock does? Anyone else made the switch?

Had an M&P, liked it but liked the Glocks I'm used to better. Also I'd check the LASO thing.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you carry now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Glock 23
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had an M&P, liked it but liked the Glocks I'm used to better. Also I'd check the LASO thing.

my agency has transitioned to the M&P 40.  good pistol.

yes, check into the LASO thing and concentrate on why LASO refused to allow S&W to inspect the pistols AT the department armory, and why the pistol that had the bulged barrel had been allowed to have the "chamber polished" by the home gunsmith deputy.  

here are some departments you may want to speak with on the purchase transition, some may be close or you may have contacts already:

Agawam, MA Police Department
Atlanta, GA Police Department (1,900 M&P40 pistols)
Austin, TX Police Department

Berkeley, CA Police Department
Blackstone, VA Police Department (M&P40 pistols)
Brookline, MA Police Department

Charles County, MD Police Department
Charlotte, NC Police Department (1,650 M&P40 pistols)
Cincinnati, OH Police Department (1,100 M&P9 pistols)
Colorado Springs, CO Police Department (500 M&P40 pistols)
Colorado State Patrol (850 M&P40 pistols)
Columbus, OH Police Department (1,875 M&P40 pistols)

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX International Airport Police (305 M&P40 pistols)
Detroit, MI Police Department (5,000 M&P40 pistols)

Hamilton County, Ohio Sheriff's Office
Hampden County, MA Sheriff's Office
Harris County, TX Sheriff's Office
Hartford, CT Police Department (500 M&P45 pistols)

Iowa Department of Corrections (M&P40 pistols)
Iowa State Patrol (M&P40 pistols)
Iowa State University (M&P40 pistols)
University of Iowa Police (M&P40 pistols)

Jefferson County, WI Sheriff's Office

Kenner, LA Police Department
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

Liberty University, VA Police

Madison County, Alabama Sheriff's Office
Milwaukee, WI Police Department (2,000 M&P40 pistols)

New Castle, DE Police Department
New Jersey Juvenile Justice Commission (M&P40 pistols)
New Hampshire State Police (500 M&P45 pistols)
New Mexico State Police (M&P357 pistols)
North Carolina Department of Corrections (M&P40 pistols)

Marietta, OH Police Department
Monroe County, MI Sheriff's Office (M&P45 pistols)

Palmer, MA Police Department
Parkersburg, WV Police Department
Pottawattamie County, IA Sheriff's Department

Rocky Mount, NC Police Department

City of Seat Pleasant, MD Police Department (M&P40 pistols)
Sharon, MA Police Department
Stamford, CT Police Department
Swampscott, MA Police Department
Syracuse, NY Police Department (500 M&P45 pistols)

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Services (555 M&P357 pistols)

Washington County, OH Sheriff's Office
Waterbury, CT Police Department
Washington Department of Corrections (500 M&P9 pistols)
West Haven, CT Police Department (M&P45 pistols)
West Springfield, MA Police Department
Winthrop, MA Police Department
Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigations (100 M&P45 pistols)
Worcester, MA Police Department (500 M&P45 pistols)

APPROVED:

U.S. DEA approved (01-14-2009) for on-duty/off-duty: M&P9c, M&P9, M&P9L, M&P40c, M&P40, M&P45c, full & mid-sized M&P45
Hamilton County, Ohio Clerk of Courts Criminal Bailiff Division
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (M&P9/40/45 pistols)

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
For all qualifying customers, we are now offering the Smith & Wesson M&P Semi-Auto Pistol, Model 309300 and 309301, your choice for only $399. To make the deal even sweeter, S&W is offering 2 FREE mags on every M&P purchase from now until April 30th.
To view the $399 M&Ps, view this link.....
http://www.budspolicesupply.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/4_8
The M&P has quickly become the firearm of choice for many serious law enforcement agencies. Most recently, the DEA has selected the M&P as an approved duty weapon.
As with all discounted pricing on www.budspolicesupply.com you will be required to provide your qualifying credentials, which include:
* Active Military personnel - all branches
* Retired Military personnel - all branches
* National Guard personnel - all branches
* Military Reserve personnel - all branches

* Fire Fighters - including volunteers
* Paramedics and EMTs

* TSA Employees
* Commercial Pilots
* Federal Flight Deck Officers

* Court Judges
* District and Deputy District Attorneys

* All sworn Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
* All retired Law Enforcement Officers - city, county, state, and federal
* All Corrections Officers
* State Licensed Security Companies
How to Submit your Credentials:
Simply fax or email us a copy of your qualifying credentials. Send your fax to our toll-free number, (888) ­529-6708. Please send your emails to [email protected]. Please attach a scanned image of your credentials to your email.

For additional information on qualifying for the S&W discounts, please view this link....
http://www.budspolicesupply.com/catalog/le_info.php

We sincerely appreciate your business,

www.Budsgunshop.com
www.BudsPolicesupply.com
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I switched from a Glock 22 to an M&P40 recently. A co-coworker had one and after handling it, I liked the feel of the grip much better than the Glock's. In only about a month I've already put 400 rounds through mine with no hiccups at all. It also seems to be slightly more compact and sleek than the Glock. I was using the medium grip insert at first, but switched to the large and improved my groups a bit. I think the biggest mechanical difference is the trigger feel; it takes some getting used to.

I carry mine in a Blackhawk SERPA Level 3. My co-worker carries his in a Safariland Level 2 Model 6280.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For all qualifying customers, we are now offering the Smith & Wesson M&P Semi-Auto Pistol, Model 309300 and 309301, your choice for only $399. To make the deal even sweeter, S&W is offering 2 FREE mags on every M&P purchase from now until April 30th.
The M&P has quickly become the firearm of choice for many serious law enforcement agencies. Most recently, the DEA has selected the M&P as an approved duty weapon.
As with all discounted pricing on www.budspolicesupply.com you will be required to provide your qualifying credentials, which include:

* Paramedics and EMTs

* TSA Employees
* Commercial Pilots

* Court Judges

Simply fax or email us a copy of your qualifying credentials. Send your fax to our toll-free number, (888) ­529-6708. Please send your emails to [email protected]. Please attach a scanned image of your credentials to your email.

For additional information on qualifying for the S&W discounts, please view this link....

www.Budsgunshop.com
www.BudsPolicesupply.com

What about academy participants? Probably not ,huh?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

* Paramedics and EMTs

* TSA Employees
* Commercial Pilots

* Court Judges

www.Budsgunshop.com
www.BudsPolicesupply.com

Was this extended because the closing date is April 30th.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure about the date but I did get the M&P 45 IN MAY. There is a complete list on page 8 here are some of those who offer discounts.
SIG ARMS You have to call their Gov/LEO sales and they will email you a catalog. Very good deal.

InterState Arms Corp A Distributor that offers Discounts. Good Deal.

Phoenix Law Enforcement Distributor A very good deal on Colt AR 15.

G T Distributors This one offers decent prices and certain goods.

Police One - Info and Links

From the post listed below:

J and T Distributing Offers a discount for their products.

Quantico Tactical offer LE 10% off regular priced kit in the stores. Hit up Peggy for web discounts.

CQD Fax or E-Mail an ID and your good to go.

Code 4 Tactical 10% on most transactions, email or call them to verify if product qualifies

Double Star AR15 Rifles Good Discount

RRA LEO pageRock River Arms gives LEO discounts if you can afford 12-16 week waits.

Smith and Wesson Firearms Federal Officers only. Need to call directly for LEO Price.

POF USA For LEO disocunts, they need to do things over the phone.

Supply Captain Name tapes,550 Cord, Tac. gear

Springfield Armory Call for Catalog.

Don't forget Glocks $100 Homeland Security discount for LEO/EMS/Fire/MIL.
Glock web site

Glocktalk thread on the discount.

NUcadet07 stated that Metro North train to NYC. IT's free, just show your .mil ID and they'll punch you a ticket on the train. If you have a wife, or friends etc.. they are free as well. Not sure if this is official policy or not but I've done it dozens of times as have many of my friends.

Millett Sights offers mil/LEO discounts. I have a DMS-1 and I love it, very interested in the ZoomDot as well. Email them and they will send you the discounted price.

Of course the old stand by: Brownells Brownells

Oakley Gov't sales: Oakley Oakley

Check Burris Optics optics, we get a GOOD discount on 2 optics a year and 3 mounting systems....

Chinook Medical Chinook Medical

Selected "LE" during checkout and got a great discount on some med gear for my Active Shooter bag.

Rainier Arms Rainier Arms

Brownells and Midway USA both offer discounts to LE and I think Mil also. Info on each website Note: Midway only give discounts to the Departments/Agencies only.

Surefire
Surefire 25% call the LE div.

LaRue Tactical , 10% on everything THEY make, with the exception of stealth products (complete uppers)

BrightFlashlights

Apex ODT

J&T Distributing Distributers of the Double Star AR15 Rifle. 5% off of their J&T Website and You have to ask to be transferred to the DoubleStar Company for a LEO discount. A pretty good price on a AR15.

TAD Gear

RMJ Tactical FROM CONAN56: RMJ Tactical Tomahawks Active Military personnel / Police / Emergency Personnel: You are why we are in business. To demonstrate our appreciation for the work you do, your price is always $295 plus shipping and handling. So, after you place your order, send us documentation to validate your status in one of the above categories and we rebate your account! (Obtain rebate mailing address from our ‘Contact Us’ page) APO addresses are same shipping as stateside.
Reg $360

Bud’s Gun Shop direct LEO Sales site: Buds Police Supply

Gear Sector does too. Great slings and service.

EOTAC

OMB Guns

Burris gives mil/leo 55% off on 2 items per year

Millett Sights [email protected] Just email them and ask, they will send you the LE/mil price.

Arizona Gun Runners gives a 10% LEO discount.

LMT has a LE/MIL Price list they will send you upon request

Militech 1Mili-Tec 1 gun lube

Aimpoint - directly LEO Rep.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I was part of a committee for a 500 person department that had to choose between the Glock and the M&P.  After putting a few hundred rounds through each pistol,  I liked the M&P much better but was out voted so now we have the Glock.  Oh well.  I am still going to carry a M&P as a backup.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Call Streichers.  They have deals for officers on S&W ar-15's, maybe they have deals on the M&P too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering what you guys think of the Sig Sauer make of pistols?

To me personally I like where the controls are located compared to other makes like S&W, beretta, glock etc..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top