Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 9:21:30 AM EDT
Anyone on the board work for PD/SO in one of these counties? Do you like your job, area & department? Do you have good/competent superiors?

For your particular dept., what are the academic & physical requirements, PT test, etc.?

Thanks to any/all who reply to this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I work for a city PD in south Snohomish County, with about 70 commissioned officers.  I like my department, and like the people I work for/with.  Of course, the fact that we're pretty much the highest paid in the county doesn't hurt either.  

Academically, my department requires a minimum of a two-year degree or equivalent.  That seems to be becoming popular with the PD's in the area.

Physically, I believe all the departments in the state have the same requirements, which is the Cooper standard as mandated by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission.  Check out this site for the details:

[url]www.wa.gov/cjt/forms/FATtest.pdf[/url]

Or look here for the academy details:

[url]www.wa.gov/cjt/blea/[/url]

Of course, you have to get hired by a PD/SO before you go to the academy, but it has some good info.

I can't really give you much insight into the written testing.  I've taken several different tests for different departments.  Most involve reading comprehension, vocabulary, etc.  Some use a video portion of the test where you watch situations and choose what your next move would be.  Hope this helps.  If you need any more info, let me know.

SeMPer Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top