Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 1:44:39 PM EDT
Red point for Mp5
We are going to buy red point sights for our MP5 s on our Emergency Response team.

We are curently looking at Aimpoint ML, Trijicon Acog comp 1,5x. and Propoint.

Anyone on a swat team out there that have som experice with this sights or maybe some sights not mentioned above ?

We are also going to buy sights for our Diemaco c7 rifles....

Sombody with a good advice and experince with the issue ?

How the different sights perform during CQB and securing the perimeter is of great interest.

THX

Leo

Oslo, Norway

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Leo_x..
We went through the same dilema not to long ago.  Which sight to buy.  We trialed a number of them, both cheap and expensive. At first, we wanted something without a battery, but they wouldn't work when you turned on a surefire light.  The tritium light is to dim when a flash light is used.  The aimpoint is great, but expensive when you need 10.  So, we settled on the Leopold Gilmore Red dot. It is water proof, and has the largest field of view.  100hrs on the batteries.  We mounted them on Colt 9mm SMG's and they work great, also, great support from the company.  If money isn't an object, go with Aimpoint..otherwise the Gilmore is very good+.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the EOTech 511's.  A lot of depts are getting away from the Aimpoints and buying these.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with PPD.  I have an Aimpoint on my MP-5.  It's a great site.  I still find it to be a distant 2nd to the EOTech on my AR15.  I find the dot/circle to be a much faster sight acquisition and the field of view is much better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for EOTech.

We just bought several. These have incredibly fast acqusition for CQB, and work with a gas mask without having to do any wierd canting of the weapon or anything like that. The brightness of the reticle is adjustable, unlike many reflex sights, and you can get versions that are compatible with NVGs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top