Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 11:01:57 AM EDT
I HATE NEW YEARS!

There I said, no shouted it. Worked as shift supervisor last night, even with over twice as many officers as usual out it was a mad house.

1. 1900hr Vehicle crash. I get on scene to find a pickup on it's side in a creek bed, burnt, occupant still inside.  One way to end your year.

2. 2200 hr to 0300 hr Drunks, Domestics, Fireworks/Firearms, Fights, General Mayhem all night long.

3. 0240 hr One of my co-workers (who had the night off) calls me to let me know he just blew .24 on the PBT so he was going to bed.  Whatta buddy!

4. 0330 hr one of my guys gets a call for a missing person.  Turns out it's a sixteen year old who took off on a four wheeler at 0001 hr into a heavily wooded area wearing only a jacket and jeans and hadn't been heard from in over three hours.  Snowing, temps hovering around 9 degrees.  I was supposed to get off at 0400 hr.  He's located when he finally reaches a house about ten miles away and calls his mother.  Sometimes good things happen.

Happy New Year!
                  [beer]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Like everyone else I thought I'd seen it all, NOT! Boyfriend sclaps girlfriend. No shit, he trashed the house broke out nearly every window then took a butcher knife and sliced off a 5" diameter portion of her scalp right down to the bone. Very, very messy. No, he is not an Indian.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
OUCH!, Now that's gonna leave a mark.  Bet there was alcohol involved there somewhere.

[B)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:45:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]
In the hood every thug and their mama went ape shit shooting off every stolen gun they had. Oh well atleast my car wasn't hit.

[marines]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I was happy enough to be one of the few to be free this newyears eve...I figured that after last years clubfire disaster on new years eve I owed it to myself.

Yet around 2400 my thoughts dwelled on my LE, EMS and FD brothers. For just long enough for the jameson to take me up for a little journey...
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
NYPD...I should be in Times Square with a million other party people right? NOT!

I spent my New Year's Eve all by myself at an "Omega Post" guarding the Manhattan Bridge from terrorist attack, yawn, nothing happened.
It was c-c-cold though, spent the whole 12 hour tour in my personal vehicle with the heater on and a nice selection of CD's to drown out the police radio.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I worked New Years too. Had one inmate slash up around 20:30 hrs. Not serious though. We were expecting lots of drunks but for once they stayed in their cells if they were drinking. Boss asked me to stay past the end of my shift (23:00) incase they had to suit up the team. Fortunately it stayed quiet and I was home by 01:30am. Thank **** the holidays are over.
View Quote

Striker, first of all what do you do?  Corrections?  Second, what do you mean they stayed in their cells if they were drinking??? They can drink????  What am I missing here???
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh and by the way, I enjoyed New Years Eve with my girlfriend and my friends, at someones house.  No Times Square for me this year.  As a matter of fact I have been on vacation since 12-26-01 and I was supposed to go back today but I called in sick.

Thats a whole different story.....I ended up driving myself to the Emergency Room yesterday with difficulty breathing/chest pains.  No, not a heart attack.  It was just painfully hard to take deep breaths.  I felt sharp pain on my Left lung when inhaling or exhaling deeply.

Turns out I have Plourousy?  Not sure how to spell it.  I think its an infection in the sack around my lungs, and it might be from all the crap I breathed in at Ground Zero.

2 weeks ago one of the guys I work with was on patrol and he went to the Emergency room with the same thing.  He could barely speak.  Turned out to be Pleuresy.  I was busting his balls that he was faking it.  Now I have the same thing.  Wonderful.  I cant wait to find out years from now just what and how much shit did I breath in down at Ground Zero.

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe I should go to a doctor and get myself checked out huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top