Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2009 2:04:25 PM EDT
Do I kicked out of here if I'm leaving active LE to be a full time firearms instructor for a 3 letter FED agency?  Cause I got that call......
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes..... now you can partake on the GD bashing of LEOs. Your posts in here should all be moved to GD since you are no longer a cop
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't you just make Chief?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
GTFO

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Making budgets and kissing up to small town politicians finally get to you?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
congrats
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Making budgets and kissing up to small town politicians finally get to you?

Dealing with budgets and not being able to kick the shit out of deserving people finally got to me.
Mostly it was just alot more $, cut my commute in half, outstanding bennies, and better quality of life all around, or at least it looks like that on paper.
The only thing I really enjoyed about my job was when I got to teach anyway, so why not do it full time and reap all of the rewards listed above?  Just seemed like common sense to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Your new office at a place starting with a "Q"?

Jump on it like stink on poo.  What a job...they looking for another one?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We use ranges at Quantico but also Summit Point, WV and local ranges at major field office locations like NYC, Chicago, Miami, LA, Houston.  I'm excited no matter what anyone else thinks.  Finally earn a decent wage while getting to do what I love?  Yeah, I'll take that, thank you very much.  It's a good feeling to take a young rookie cop or agent who has never fired a weapon in their life and watch them learn and progress.  It is also nice to have folks you've taught survive a violent encounter and come back to thank you.
Each time it has happened to me, it's an experience I cannot explain.

Oh, and Bonk, I think there might be a slot or two left to be filled spring or summer time frame.  Email me and I'll check for you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We use ranges at Quantico but also Summit Point, WV and local ranges at major field office locations like NYC, Chicago, Miami, LA, Houston.  I'm excited no matter what anyone else thinks.  Finally earn a decent wage while getting to do what I love?  Yeah, I'll take that, thank you very much.  It's a good feeling to take a young rookie cop or agent who has never fired a weapon in their life and watch them learn and progress.  It is also nice to have folks you've taught survive a violent encounter and come back to thank you.

That is by far the most validating experience of my professional life.  I've been a LE firearms instructor for about five years, and several of my former students have taken care of business in gunfights.  One, a very slightly built female officer who had alot of trouble on the range in the academy, drilled a BG at a bad angle in poor weather in between two bystanders.  Just a phenomenal shot under insane stress.  She came back to me later and thanked me for the extra help.  If there was some way to permanently frame a hallway conversation, I would have done it.

I'll email you in the AM.  You've still got my work email address?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is by far the most validating experience of my professional life.  I've been a LE firearms instructor for about five years, and several of my former students have taken care of business in gunfights.  One, a very slightly built female officer who had alot of trouble on the range in the academy, drilled a BG at a bad angle in poor weather in between two bystanders.  Just a phenomenal shot under insane stress.  She came back to me later and thanked me for the extra help.  If there was some way to permanently frame a hallway conversation, I would have done it.

Maybe with a big fed job you could get that Johnson 1941!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe with a big fed job you could get that Johnson 1941!

I thought about all the "extra" loot I'll have in the future but I"m going to be squirreling away money, not spending.  I want to pay off the Harley and the truck (not far from it now).
Then I figure on smashing off the mortgage, etc.  Jan. 20th has me pretty freaked out right now so I want to stack a little war chest$$$
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrads!  I'm sure your officers will hate to see you leave.  Better $$$, beanies, and work environment are good pros.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Congrads!  I'm sure your officers will hate to see you leave.  Better $$$, beanies, and work environment are good pros.

Thanks, BIKECOP.  I thought I was making a clean break but I'm apparently going to fill a Detective LT slot as a Reserve officer.  Seems there's nobody else here who is certified as a firearms instructor and IA/background investigator.  

I sure wasn't expecting that offer but I'm happy to do it.  That way I can still watch over and help out the agency and all the great officers that I was priviledged to command for almost 4 years.

So I guess I don't get kicked out of BOTS just yet, eh?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top