Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2008 4:51:43 PM EDT
Any of you guys dealing with Salvia yet?  if you arent familiar its a new designer drug coming up from Mexico.  Its so new its not on any laws yet but it gives an LSD type high and its legal.  Our local high schools are tore up with it.  If you are interested in some research type it into youtube.  Driving on Salvia is my fav.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Must be some good shit!! Youtube already banned the video!
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of salvia is home grown,  pretty tough to grow though, very susceptible to fungus, mites and whiteflys.  Also likes to be in moist conditions.  

Salvia needs to be concentrated in a standardized extract to be of much use, the dried leaves don't typically have enough potency to work on their own.  

a 5X standardized extract, smoked, usually results in a 2-minute or so experience.  

From what I've seen, it usually starts with laughter, loss of balance and the ability to speak coherently,  some psychedelic effects...  it wears of extremely quickly.  

I don't consider it particularly dangerous,  it isn't habit forming, and the experiences are so harsh and short-lived that most people can't stomach a lot of them.  Also, it's not like one could drive or be out in public out under the influence of it.  

If not for all the ridiculous youtube footage a while ago, it would probably be largely ignored.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
OMFG it's a fuckin kitty kitty.

"Mere kitty-kitty"
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A lot of salvia is home grown,  pretty tough to grow though, very susceptible to fungus, mites and whiteflys.  Also likes to be in moist conditions.  

Salvia needs to be concentrated in a standardized extract to be of much use, the dried leaves don't typically have enough potency to work on their own.  

a 5X standardized extract, smoked, usually results in a 2-minute or so experience.  

From what I've seen, it usually starts with laughter, loss of balance and the ability to speak coherently,  some psychedelic effects...  it wears of extremely quickly.  

I don't consider it particularly dangerous,  it isn't habit forming, and the experiences are so harsh and short-lived that most people can't stomach a lot of them.  Also, it's not like one could drive or be out in public out under the influence of it.  

If not for all the ridiculous youtube footage a while ago, it would probably be largely ignored.

You sound like you know what you are talking about!  Not a DRE are you?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
An herbal medicine and rare plant enthusiast since you ask.   I had some concerns that it may be abused in the workplace, I do health and safety work, so that's always a concern.   From what I've seen, it pretty much reduces a person to beneath the ability to function... it seems to me that it would take someone pretty high-dedication to fight their way through a salvia high and actually attempt some meaningful activity under its influence.  I suppose anthing's possible though.

Check out the erowid salvia vault for more info on it,  some of it is decent info...some of it is babble.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried salvia in a tincture form a couple years ago. Spoke to heavenly beings in the language of angels. Really short trancelike state, originally used for spirit journeys by south american tribes. Interesting stuff, harmless if respected, but so is just about everything else. I don't see a problem with it as long as they aren't driving or putting others at risk.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
"its so new" maybe to your area–– Ya sure its coming from Mexico??  NOT a designer drug at all...
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"its so new" maybe to your area–– Ya sure its coming from Mexico??  NOT a designer drug at all...

It's been around for many moons. I had a roommate that was into it a long time ago. It was before tinctures and 5x extractions. It is a shaman's tool for vision quests/spiritual communication long beore it was a drug - as in centuries. He bought the seeds from a new-agey type spiritual magazine ad and grew them in our window-sill. He would listen to "space music" and smoke some and daze out for a short while - 20 minutes or so. He seemed to enjoy it and never showed any signs of hangover or psycholgical stress - ie: bad trip. IIRC there was a long thread here in GD not too long ago about salvia divinorum.

It's not new at all. It's just now popping up on the radar of LE and now it's a grave danger to the children and should , of course , be banned.

-JC

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
<––Not police.

Tried it once before it was illegal in Florida.  Kinda interesting, probably won't do it again.  
Don't really understand the moral panic going on regarding it.  
Alcohol will fuck you up for longer and cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 1:00:49 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.sagewisdom.org/legalstatus.html

Many states have laws against it, im not sure how many plan to outlaw it though.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife saw an episode on Dr Phil about it and show'd it to me.  It comes from Mexico and seems to have potential to be bad if it gets mass produced like weed or coke.   If you google it you'll get several articles on it.  The kids on the show said they are addicted to it, it makes them hallucinate and gives them the normal "weed high" as well.

I'm in south texas, but weed is still the biggest thing here cause its easy to get.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
It's not a designer drug at all, it does not come from mexico.
It's part of the mint family and you can buy the seeds right in home depot or lowes.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Ass hat up here selling it, two kids have died as a result of hallucination inspired stupidity. Needs to be scheduled.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Dont see around here in my area.  Watched some vids on youtube and it looks fucking crazy.  This shit needs to be outlawed.  What kind of aftereffects are there?  Anything permanent?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Q for the OP. Maybe it is just a coincidence but I am a S GA LEO and we had a deputy find a baggie full of "stuff" the same day you posted this. One of the guys said it was salvia because the county dog didn't alert to it.

However the PD dog alerted to it 3 out of 3 times in different locations...so we may not have actually ran into salvia, but atleast some people learned what it was.

anyway I am just curious if we are in the same area
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Watched some vids on youtube and it looks fucking crazy. This shit needs to be outlawed. What kind of aftereffects are there? Anything permanent?

It ain't what I would do, so I wanna make sure no one else does either! I have hereby decided that YOU DON'T NEED TO.....

There, now that's settled, sumbody go git me a sammich.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:31:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah,  I've seen videos of people bump-firing assault rifles on you tube,  looks scary,  they should be banned....

Same logic applies.  

Well,  not really,  we have a constitutional right to bear arms,  not a constitutional right to smoke shit.  Still, it's not the act,  it's the actor.  Statistically speaking, how much damage does Salvia really cause?  Pretty damn miniscule compared to alcohol even.  It's not habit forming, despite what some people looking for attention say.  There is no evidence that it causes any lasting effects.  It is a shamanistic tool,  can it be abused?  sure...  just like anything can be.

We can't foam-pad society, we shouldn't even try,  if we continue in our efforts to eliminate the need to think and make decisions, people's skills at doing both will deteriorate,  and you can't fix "stupid,"  which is the eventual outcome of that course of action.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#19]
No you have a constitutional right to do whatever you want to your body. Its just the government thinks they know whats best for and your body, therefore they spend billions every year to make sure YOU dont hurt yourself.

The war on drugs is a joke, just like prohibition was....
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like the effects of when kids were huffing paint in paper bags.

Doesn't sound that enjoyable.      

This is sad, young girl.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Q for the OP. Maybe it is just a coincidence but I am a S GA LEO and we had a deputy find a baggie full of "stuff" the same day you posted this. One of the guys said it was salvia because the county dog didn't alert to it.

However the PD dog alerted to it 3 out of 3 times in different locations...so we may not have actually ran into salvia, but atleast some people learned what it was.

anyway I am just curious if we are in the same area

I am in the Newnan / Peachtree City area

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#22]
ok not near me i am a good bit farther south...still weird
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Try:

USDOJ 'intel report'

My USDOJ website search results on the keyword "salvia"
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#24]
20x extract - Not able to communicate with people, let alone even acknowledge they are present. I dont see anyone being able to drive  or even know what a car is while in full effect. The full effects last only minutes with the "ora" lasting about 20 minutes as your sitting there thinking "whoa". not habit forming, not addicting. not even fun. Its more like an experience you do once and say pass the next time someone brings it up. Gives you an uncomfortable feeling. I do believe this should NOT be regulated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#25]
www.erowid.com

Very helpful website.  Current user trends
New chemicals people are trying.
Photos of ectasy pills for identification
Chemical breakdown of drugs
State Laws on trends.
History of the drug.
Medical uses
Quantity that drugs come in

One thing to add about saliva.  Some states made it like marijuana.  Here is the problem.  DUI for instance.  Chemial analysis can not be tested for.  Urine or blood.  DUI can still be charged.  Have to show being impared.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's part of the mint family and you can buy the seeds right in home depot or lowes.

That is a different saliva plant.  When the talk of being made illegal came up, the DEA advised all salvia illegal.  The salvia plant at lowes and where ever was not the same.  This almost put alot of home designers and plant people into a frenzy.  SO no don't go to Lowes and smoke that plant because it won't work

One more thing it does come out of mexico in the raw form.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a different saliva plant.  When the talk of being made illegal came up, the DEA advised all salvia illegal.  The salvia plant at lowes and where ever was not the same.  This almost put alot of home designers and plant people into a frenzy.  SO no don't go to Lowes and smoke that plant because it won't work

One more thing it does come out of mexico in the raw form.

Source please?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Salvia is a mint sage, there are like 40 different types and even though it came from Mexico back in the Mayan times, its commonly grown in the United States. Salvia divinorum is the one we are talking about here.  The salvia that people smoke is concentrated extract. They make the liquid extract from salvia leaves. Some examples would be 5x, 10x, 25x, and 40x strengths, then that liquid is dripped onto some crushed salvia leaves. If you just take a salvia plant and smoke it, nothing will happen. Its not strong at all. The salvia that people are smoking and having "salvia trips" on is very concentrated, like 25X or 40X meaning 25 times, or 40 times. So when they smoke 1 gram of 40x concentrated salvia its like they smoked 40 grams right off the plant salvia.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I use erowid and a few others.  There is a joint task force out of Florida that is really good.  Check with DEA and FDA.  If you happen to go into a place that sells the stuff look for the really small brown bottles or the shiny baggies.  They will be marked with numbers showing how strong the substance is.  Some of these places will actually have a back room for sampling.  By the way it comes in different extracts.  Blackberry, strawberry,grape and a few others.  If you find the material it will be a brown powder or almost black substance.  Grity in texture.  If you talk to a teenage I bet they will talk to you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#30]
One more thing I forgot.  Its more expensive than marijuana.  By the quanity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top