Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 7:36:12 PM EDT
If so which version?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
There are only two that i know of.Ive shot both they seem to function well and good accuracy too.If your asking if ive shot human tissue well no never done that with em but id guess they would do considerable damage.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
T.A.P. comes in 40, 55 , 60, & 75Gn bullet weights for the .223/5.56mm
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
These were the 55 and 75 gr. i think its been a few months i was using a 1in 7twist also.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]
We are issued TAP 60 grain.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
We are using the Black Hills 60 grain with Hornady Ballistic tip.  Virtually the same load, but cheaper.  Good stuff!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
does anybody know the difference between the TAP and VMAX bullets?  They look similar but i would suspect there are internal differences.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#7]
We are issued 55 TAp, the difference between the tap and vmax is the tap has flash supp in powder.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
TAP 60 grain.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Tried , but Chief says to $$$$$ , I have to agree. $15+ a box is rape.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$15+ a box is rape.
View Quote

Natchez sells it for $10.50 a box, sometimes $10.25.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$15+ a box is rape.
View Quote

Natchez sells it for $10.50 a box, sometimes $10.25.
View Quote

Who is Natchez and where can I find him?
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who is Natchez and where can I find him?
View Quote

[url]http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=a-7002&category=Ammo&maxhits=20&keywords=a223remcaho[/url]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:27:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#15]
We are using 55-grain TAP in our G36K's for SWAT.  I selected it because it was substantially more accurate than the Federal 55-grain match BTHP that we were using, also does better against glass.  Very happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn't expansive ammo against the Geneva Convention of 1906? I think its actually a U.N. human rights violation for governments to use anything but ball ammo on its citizens. Would that be a concern?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Actually I was concerned that the local departments had found a way around a worldwide accepted standard. Whats next? Landmines? I know that US police departments have floors of lawyers working on the legalities of this question, but is it ever a concern to how it appears to the public? If you want to stop a criminal you use ball. If you want to kill a criminal use expansive ammo.In a televised shooting in Mesa two days ago I counted 22 shots in the windshield alone of a truck that Police shot and killed a man in. Aren't hi-cap mags enough? It would really be a terrible thing if Police continue to advance their tactics beyond world-wide accepted standards and appeals are made for relief to the UN!

As an aside I found a .40 cal bullet while I was walking through our parking lot this summer. It has a lot of nicks on the face of the bullet, as if it has been chambered a lot of times. Its a hollowpoint, but it has been drilled and a piece of steel wire is in the center of it. I asked the guys I work with if it belonged to them, because four out of five carry Glock .40's. Nobody recognized it as their own, but one guy said it was for penetrating vests. The lead pushs the vest back, and the wire drives through. Once opened the slug follows the wire. True? Must have fallen out of a customers car.I don't have a .40, but I kept it for my slug/bullet collection.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually the UN has been the only ear that has heard American prisoner complaints about inhumane treatment in the prison system. That really gets a lot of press when people realize that we treat prisoners worse here than in "backward" countries. I question the need for this ammo being used against citizens when its not even used in war.Writing a law to make it legal in some county or state doesn't make it acceptable. It just makes it legal there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Grimshaw,
By reading your posts I can assume your not a cop, lawyer, or a gun owner. So why are you replying to a topic about TAP ammo? (..."if you want to stop a criminal you use ball"?)
There is no law about the use of hollow or expanding ammo on civilians.
What you are mistakingly refering to is the Hauge convention.  It basicly is an agreement between the signitors that they won't use expanding ammo against each other.  They may use it when fighting a non-Hauge signed nation.  The US never signed this agreement but we abide by, when fighting with other Hauge signed nation.  All of these countries feel free to use whatever against civilians.
This is not a world wide standard as you claim.  Also we did not sign the agreement against landmines.  Also completly off topic.
The purpose of shooting some one is not to hurt them.  It is to stop them.  Killing them usually stops them.
Now that I've put that stupidity down, let us continue with the disscusion on hand.
I have several boxes of TAP 55gr. and several mags loaded with it now.  So I'm very interested in this discussion.
I haven't been able to find much info other than manufactures claims.  Worth a grain of salt.
For me it has been accurate out of my 16" bushy, but I've not tried it beyond 100yds or on anything other than paper.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#22]
grimshaw,

You were given the benefit of the doubt before.  You're trolling for a fight right now and this is the wrong place for it.  

If you want to ask a question, ask it.  If you want to make a far left political statement with the intent to start a fight, take it someplace else.

Consider this the only warning you will get.

Dave G.
Moderator, Brothers of the Shield
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:22:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Grim,
 DaveG is right you are trolling.
 But just so you know, what is going on across the pond is not a declared war, besides we are going after Terroists.  In a situation like that, something like the the TAP round would be more than appropriate.  Those terroists have little to no rights and our actions are not directed against any specific country.
You want a round that is going to inflict the most amount of damage but yet stay within the body, as to not worry about overpenetration.  If our Delta guys and ST6 go after any of these turds in a community, I pray they use something like the TAP round.  Put 'em down quickly and not worry about going through them and injuring any little ones.  You talk about getting an international community in a tizzy.  FMJ ammo is notorious for overpenetration.
As long as you have been around in this board, I figured, you would have learned a few things by now.  Before speaking, learn first, then speak.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#24]
The ammunition is selected to stop the threat to the officer and other citizens as rapidly and as efficiently as possible.  That means high velocity, rapid expansion rounds in most cases to maximize trauma.

Grimshaw,  Don't fuck up and you won't get shot.  Ergo, you then have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
>If our Delta guys and ST6 go after any of >these turds in a community, I pray they use >something like the TAP round. Put 'em down >quickly and not worry about going through them >and injuring any little ones. You talk about >getting an international community in a tizzy. >FMJ ammo is notorious for overpenetration

I was a support puke/ammo handler for a SMU for 4 years.  Ball ammo was what was pre loaded in magazines, but JHP ammo was part of the basic load that deployed with the unit.  If the non G/H Convention ammo was to be used it totally depended on the situation/mission.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top