Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2001 9:13:33 AM EDT
There are 40 openings and I am applying today GS-5 plus benifits....I think it would be a good job for me....
Does anyone know what the Physical Agility test is So I can practice/train for the events...I am in decent shape but excersice will help me.

I read AR-190-56 andd it said to use the guidlines in ST 19-158

what the hell is "ST"
AR is Army Regulation....
anyone know.....
plus does anyone know what the vision requirment is for DOD police.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody???
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
You may find them posted somewhere on the Federal Law Enfocement Traning Acadamy's web site, if they do the training for DOD. Note, most, but not all, Federal agency's train there.

www.fletc.gov

What are "DOD Police?"  Are you talking about DOD Investigative Services?

BTW: Have you checked the GS pay scale to see what a new (Step 1) GS5 earns?  I would guess today its around $20,000 before taxes. Hard to live on this if you have a family.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
No it Is DOD "POLICE" its just like a city cop except your federaly comisioned and you work at a military instalation...

GS 5 = step1 =$23,636 a year
      step10 = $30,200 a year.

I have been rasing a family off of 15,000 then 18,000 a year, me, wife, and 1 kid its all about budgeting and not getting things for shooting LOL
but with my experience I should be about step 4-6 which is like $26,000 so it will be good for me. plus you get all the same benifits as Army IE medical , retirement, PX and commisary no BAQ or BAS though but COLA is a go.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Burn,

I'm a D.o.D. Police lieutenant.  E-mail me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top